Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture, the method of growing plants without soil, using mineral nutrient solutions in a water solvent.With hydroponics the plants are grown in an inert growing medium and a perfectly balanced, pH adjusted nutrient solution is delivered to the roots in a highly soluble form.
Advantages of hydroponics:
- No soil is needed for hydroponics.
- Water used efficiency is high.
- High yield is achieved per unit of input used.
- No nutrition pollution is released into the environment because of the controlled system.
- Pest and diseases are easier to get rid of than in soil because of the container mobility.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes