Daily Current Events – 01.07.17
· Rajasthan’s more than six lakh registered beneficiaries to get revised social security pensions from July 1
- More than six lakh pensioners in Rajasthancovered under the ‘Mukhya Mantri Samman PensionYojana’ will begin receiving increased pensions from Saturday, July 1. The revised social security pensions were announced by chief minister Vasundhara Rajewhile presenting the state budget for 2017-18.
- Under the single woman category, the state government revised the pensions of widows, divorcee, separated/deserted from Rs 500 to Rs 1000 for women between 60 years and 75 years and from Rs 750 to Rs 1500 for women above 75 years.
- For the specially-able persons, the state government has done away with the age categories and fixed the pension at Rs 750 per month. Earlier, specially-able persons up to eight years of age were given Rs 250 per month and those between eight years and 75 years were given Rs 500 per month.
· Panagariya hails Rajasthan for various reform measures
- Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya praised the Rajasthan government for initiating various reform measures, including ‘ease of doing business’ policy.
- As per him, amendments in labour laws, land on lease permission for solar energy, rent act in urban development, toilet construction work under Swachh Bharat Mission, Mukhyamantri Jal Swawlamban Yojana (MJSY) are some of the remarkable reforms in last three years.
- Pangariya was in city along with his team to take part in a programme ‘Development Dialogue with Niti Aayog’ with Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kantalso praised the innovations taken by the state saying that with such innovative schemes and steps, Rajasthan can be on the top.
- UN: India to become more populous than China by 2024.
- According to the World population Prospectus: The Revision released by the United Nations, India with 1.3 billion inhabitants would surpass China’s population of 1.4 billion by 2024, to become the World’s populous country.
- As per the report, the concentration of global population growth in the poorest countries is presenting a challenge. The population growth is expected to come from the 47 least developed countries where the fertility rate is around 4.3 births per woman.
- International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: 26 June
- By resolution 42/112 of 7 December 1987, the UN General Assembly decided to observe 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- It aims to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.
- The theme for 2017 is: “Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe.”
- According to the report, Nigeria which is currently at the seventh place is expected to become the third most populous country by 2050 replacing the US.
- Priyanka Chopra to endorse Skill India campaign
- Actress Priyanka Chopra will soon be seen endorsing government’s flagship Skill India campaign, with the National Skill Development Corporation roping in the Bollywood celebrity as an ambassador for the initiative.
- Priyanka will use her celebrity status to motivate youngsters to hone their abilities through a media campaign.
- Earlier, Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli, batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, Bollywood actors Sidharth Malhotra and Shabana Azmi and singer Mohit Chauhan had also become goodwill envoys for Skill India.
- Government launches VAJRA Scheme
- Department of Science and Technology has launched VAJRA (Visiting Advanced Joint Research) Faculty scheme that enables NRIs and overseas scientific community to participate and contribute to research and development in India.
- The scheme would promote broad areas of research like energy, health, advance material among others. Public funded academic institutions and national laboratories will be eligible for hosting the VAJRA Faculty. The VAJRA faculty can reside in India for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months a year.
- Haryana girl Manushi Chhillar is Femina Miss India World 2017.
- The 54th Femina Miss India World 2017 winner is Manushi Chhillar from Haryana, while the first runner-up is Sana Dua from Jammu and Kashmir and the second runner-up is Priyanka Kumari from Bihar.
- The event was held at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai.
- Besides, Vinali Bhatnagar won the Miss Active crown whereas Vamika Nidhi won the special award of ‘Body Beautiful’.
- India’s Largest Municipal Bond Programme Launched
- The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) became the first municipal corporation in the country to tap money through municipal bonds in 14 years.
- The AA+ rated PMC’s municipal bonds raised Rs 200 crore at 7.59 per cent rate at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). This is the first-ever mobilisation of debt capital by a municipal corporation on the BSE BOND platform.
- This will also be the first issuance since the publication of ‘Issue and Listing of Debt Securities by Municipalities Regulations, 2015’ by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The 10-year bonds will be used by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) for a Rs 2,300-crore water project. The scheme is aimed at providing water 24×7 for all residents of Pune.
- Uttarakhand and Haryana Declared Open Defecation Free States
- Under the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBM-G), rural Uttarakhand and rural Haryana have been declared as the 4th and 5th Open Defecation Free (ODF) States of India. Already, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh and Kerala, have been declared ODF.
- As per the government sources, nationally the sanitation coverage has increased from 42% to over 64% since the launch of SBM. Uttarakhand has 13 districts, 95 blocks, 7256 gram panchayats and 15751 villages while Haryana has 21 districts, 124 blocks, and 6083 gram panchayats. All these have been declared as ODF. With this, the total number of ODF states in the country have increased to 5 covering more than 2 lakh villages and 147 districts across the country.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes