- Haryana Culture : FAIRS
- In Ambala, the most famous fair is held at Gopal-Mochan near Bilaspur in Jagadhari tehsil. There is a sacred tank of the same name in the place. The legend is that once Lord Shiva while rescuing Saraswati, who was being pursued by Brahma, struck off the latter’s head. A lock of hair was left in Shiva’s hand and his body was blackened. For a long time Shiva was unable to cleanse himself. One night, when he was resting at a cow shed he overheard the conversation between a cow and her calf. The calf said he was going to kill his master, a Brahmin, to avoid being castrated. The cow tried to dissuade the calf from the sin, but the calf said, it knew of a tank where it could cleanse itself from the sin of killing a Brahmin.
- Shiva followed the calf the next day and saw it kill its master. The bodies of the cow and the calf where then blackened until they cleansed themselves by bathing in Gopal Mochan tank. Shiva followed their example and was like wise cleansed. Since then the water of Gopal-Mochan have retained their virtue. It is considered by many to be more efficacious than the waters of the Ganges at Hardwar. The Rin Mochan is another water tank situated close to the Gopal-Mochan. A big fair is held in the village in the month of Kartik.
- SpaceX to fly its DART planetary defence mission
- NASA announced that SpaceX will fly its Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) planetary-defencemission. The total launch cost for NASA is estimated to be about $69 million.
- DART – Double Asteroid Redirection Test
- It is a planned space probe that will demonstrate the kinetic effects of crashing an impactor spacecraftinto an asteroid moon for planetary defense purposes. The mission is intended to test whether a spacecraft impact could successfully deflect an asteroid on a collision course with Earth.
- Bhopal gas tragedy among the world’s major industrial accidents of the 20th century: UN
- The 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy which killed thousands of people is among the world’s “major industrial accidents” of the 20th century according to a UN report.
- UN warned that 2.78 million workers die from occupational accidents and work-related diseases each year.
- The report released by the UN labour agency International Labour Organization (ILO) said that in 1984, at least 30 tons of methyl isocyanate gas, which was released from the Union Carbide pesticide plant in Bhopal, affected over 600,000 workers and nearby inhabitants.
- The report titled ‘The Safety and Health at the Heart of the Future of Work – Building on 100 years of experience’ said the Bhopal disaster was among the world’s “major industrial accidents after 1919”.
- GSLV phase-4 programme got Cabinet nod
- The Union Cabinet approved continuation of the ongoing Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle(GSLV) programme phase-4 consisting of five rocket flights during 2021-2024.
- GSLV programme phase-4:
- The phase four will enable the launch of two-tonneclass of satellites for geo-imaging, navigation, data relay communication and space sciences.
The total fund required for GSLV phase four completion has been pegged at Rs 2729.13 crore.
- This fund includes the cost of five Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicles (GSLVs), essential facility augmentation, programme management, and launch campaign, along with the additional funds required for meeting the scope of the ongoing programme.
- The GSLV continuation programme was initially sanctioned in 2003, and two phases have been completed and the third phaseis in progress and expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2020-21.
- GSLV Phase 4 continuation programme will meet the launch requirement of satellites for providing critical satellite navigation services, data relay communication for supporting the Indian human spaceflight programme and the next interplanetary mission to Mars.
- It will also ensure the continuity of production in Indian industry. It will also meet the demand for the launch of satellites at a frequency up to two launches per year.
- ECI launches Voter Turnout App
- Election Commission of India (ECI) launched a new mobile app for the voters across the country to see the realtime availability of voter turnout during the election season in the country.
- The beta version of the ECI’s Voter Turnout app is available for download on the Google Play Store and as of now it has been downloaded over 5,000 times.
The captures the real-time information gathered by the Returning Officers following which it calculates the estimated totals.
- PAN-India Single Emergency Helpline Number 112 joined by 20 states
- So far the number of states and Union territories that have joined a pan-India network of single emergency helpline number ‘112’ amounts to 20.
- The 20 states and UTs include Himachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Jammu and Kashmir and Nagaland.
- The Emergency Response Support System(ERSS) envisages a single pan-India emergency number ‘112’ that is internationally recognised to target all types of emergencies.
- The helpline, ‘112’ is an integration of police (100), fire (101)and women (1090) helpline numbers and the project is being implemented under the central government’s Nirbhaya Fund (2012 Delhi gangrape case).
- The Nirbhaya Fund was set up by the central government for projects specifically designed to improve the safety and security of the women.
The single number for emergency services is similar to ‘911’ in the United States.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes