Issues attached :
- As a proportion of GDP expenditure on Science and Tech has been stagnated. It is between 0.6-0.7% of GDP over the past two decades.
- Expenditure is skewed in favour of Atomic energy, space, earth science , Biotechnology and the expenditure on ICMR is on decline.
- As compared to its peer competitors, India’s spending on R&D is well below that in major nation such as US, CHINA, Israel and Korea.
- In India Government is not just the primary source of R&D funding but also it’s the primary user of these funds. Even more, government expenditure on R&D is undertaken almost entirely by the central government.
- Private Investment in research have severely lagged public investment in India.
- India’s universities play a relatively small role in the research activities of the country
- Most other countries, especially east Asian countries like China, Japan and Korea have been dramatic increase in R&D as a percentage of GDP as they have become richer. India, on the other hand, has only seen a slight increase.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes