Rajasthan Public Service Commission
Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive
New Scheme of Examination and Syllabus (2013)
RAS Mains (New Pattern)
Scheme of Examination:
(a) The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in the various Services and posts, but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower range will be admitted to the Main Examination.
(b) The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive /analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type question. The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary Level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
Paper Subject Marks Time
I General Studies –I 200 3 Hours
II General Studies-II 200 3 Hours
III General Studies-III 200 3 Hours
IV General Hindi and General English 200 3 Hours
Paper – I :-General Knowledge and General Studies
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- ? Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues.
- ? Freedom Movement , Political Awakening and Integration
- ? Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments
- ? Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
- ? Important Works of Rajasthani literature. Local Dilects
- ? Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
- ? Rajsathani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
- ? Religious Movements, Saints& Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
- ? Important Tourist Places.
- ? Leading Personalities of Rajasthan
Ancient & Medieval Period:
- ? Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India.
- ? Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
- ? Major Dynasties, Administrative, Social and Economic system. Socio-cultural Issues, Prominent Movements.
- ? Ancient Indian Cultural System & Ideals- Varna Vyavastha, Ashram Vyavastha, Sanskar Vyavastha, Doctrine of Purushartha, Rina and Rita.
- ? Secularism, Religious Tolerance, Religious Unity.
- ? Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- ? The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- ? Social and Religious reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
- ? Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
History of Modern World
- ? Renaissance and Reformations.
- ? American War of Independence.
- ? Industrial Revolution, French Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- ? Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa.
- ? World War First and World War Second.
Indian Constitution, Political System &Governance
- ? Indian Constitution : historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- ? Determinants and Nature of Indian Politics, Election and Voting Behavior, Coalition Governments.
- ? Parliamentary Form of Government.
- ? Federal Dynamics.
- ? Judicial Review.
- ? Challenges of National Integration.
Administrative System of Rajasthan
- ? Administrative Setup and Administrative Culture in Rajasthan.
- ? Various Rights and Citizen Charter.
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- ? Accounting- Techniques of Analysis of Financial Statements, Working Capital Management.
- ? Auditing- Meaning, Objects, Detection of Frauds and Errors, Internal Control, Social Audit, Propriety Audit, Performance Audit, Efficiency Audit.
- ? Budgeting- Different types of Budgeting, Budgetary Control, Responsibility Accounting, Social Accounting, Different types of Deficits- Budgetary, Fiscal & Revenue Deficit.
- ? Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
- ? Banking- Role of Commercial Banks, Issue of NPA, Financial Inclusion
- ? Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives.
- ? Growth, Development & Planning- Issues, trends & initiatives; Fast, inclusive & Sustainable Growth. Growth Indicators.
- ? Public Finance, Monetary Policies, Inflation & Control Mechanism, Repo Rate, Reverse Repo Rate, CRR & SLR. Tax Reforms in India, Direct & Indirect Tax Reforms. Subsidies- Cash Transfer of Subsidy Issue.
- ? Concept of Money Supply and High Powered Money.
- ? Food Security & PDS.
- ? Role of Foreign Capital, MNCs in Indian Economy.
- ? Investment and Disinvestment Policies.
- ? New waves of Economic Reforms in India.
- ? Role and Functions of Reserve Bank, SEBI, Planning Commission.
Economy of Rajasthan
- ? Macro overview of Economy of Rajasthan.
- ? Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service sector Issues.
- ? Growth, Development and Planning with special reference to Rajasthan.
- ? Infrastructure & Resources, Sources of high growth for Rajasthan Economy.
- ? Major development projects of Rajasthan.
- ? Public Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in the State.
- ? Demographic Scenario of the State and its impact.
Goegraphy of World and India
- Broad Physical features.
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Current Geopolitical Conflict Zones.
Geography of India:
- Broad Physical Features and Major Physiographic Divisions
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Natural Resources
Geography of Rajasthan:
- ? Major Geographical Regions.
- ? Natural Vegetation.
- ? Livestocks, Wildlife & its Conservation.
- ? Agro-climatic Regions.
- ? Metallic & Non-Metallic Minerals.
- ? Energy Resources- Conventional & Non-conventional.
- ? Population & Tribes.
Paper –II General Knowledge and General Studies
Logical reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- ? Statementand Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action
- ? Analytical Reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub sections, Venn diagram.
- Basic Numeracy (Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis) :
- Number System, Problems on Numbers and Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Compound Proportion, Percentage, Average, H.C.F., L.C.M., Square Root, Cube Root, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes.
- Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart) and Interpretation of Categorized Data, Sampling, Probability, Linear Regression and Correlation, Distribution (Binomial, Poisson & Normal).
General Science & Technology
- General and Everyday Science-
- Basics of Physics, Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
- Basic Knowledge of Computers and Use of Information Technology in Administration,e-governance, e-commerce.
- Food and Nutrition, Health Care.
- General Issues on Environment, Ecological Preservation, Conservation of Natural Resources, Wildlife and Biodiversity.
- Contributions of Scientists in the Development of Science and Technology with Particular Reference to India
- Importance of Science and Technology in development of India
- Important Technological Concepts and Advancements
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Space Technology and Robotics
- Forensic Science Technology
- Food and Nutrition Technology
- Defense Technology
- Other Recent Technologies and Innovations
- Technology Related Issues Regarding Intellectual Property Right.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Various Scientific & Technological Projects of Rajasthan.
Paper –III General Knowledge and General Studies
- Major Current events and happenings of State(Rajsathan), National and International Importance
- Persons and Places in recent news
- Games and Sports related Activities
India and Global Perspective
India in Global Perspective-
- Current Global Developments impeaching upon Society and Economy of India.
- Emerging World Order in the Post Cold War Era, Role and Impact of UNO and different world Organisations.
- Comparative status of Developing, Emerging and Developed Countries,Problems of Developing Countries.
- Threat of War and Disastrous Weapons, Risks of Nuclear Power.
Global Economic issues and trends-
- Issue of Economic Imbalances.
- Role of World Bank, IMF WTO & other Important International Organisations in world Economy
- Impacts of Globalisation, Privatisation, Liberalisation,
International Affair and Diplomatic Strategy-
- International Affair and Indian Foreign Policy.
- International Treaties and Summits.
- Geo–Political and Strategic Developments in India’s Neighborhood and their Impact on India.
Current Sensitive Issues
- Issues related to National Integrity and Security :Potential areas of Socio-political conflicts between and within Indian States,Traditional, Contemporary and Emerging Threats; Internal and External Threats; Threats of Conflicts, Naxal Problems, Terrorism, Trans-border Infiltration and Insurgency Issues,Communalism, Organised crimes, Cyber issues, Drug trafficking and other such issues.
- Governance Issues : Sustainable and Inclusive Growth, Current Social Challenges, Issues related to Youth, Women, Children, Old Age People, Minority, Weaker Sections, Tribal, Farmers, Labourers and Professionals in India and Rajasthan. Gender Equality, Women Empowerment, Human Rights, Social Justice, Land Acquisition. Challenges pertaining to Urbanisation, Demographic imbalances, Regional imbalances and Social Conflicts.
- Pressure Groups and Organisational Development:-Role of NGOs, Civil Society,Action Groups, Self Help Groups; Producer’s Associations, Consumer Forums, Co-operative Groups.
Possibilities, Resources and Programmes for Development in Rajasthan
- Important Issues of Development with Special Reference to Rajasthan
- Infrastructure & Resources of Rajasthan – Current Status, Issues & Initiatives
- Various National Missions, Projects and Schemes of Rajasthan- Their Objectives and Impact.
General & Administrative Management
- Management, Administration and Public Management: Meaning, Nature and Importance; Theories of Management and Work Leadership; Functions of Management : Planning, Organization, Staffing, Coordination, Direction, Motivation, Communication and Control.
- Concept of Power and Authority, Responsibility and Delegation.
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- New dimensions of Public Management, Management of Change.
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, Determinants and Consequences of Ethics in human actions; Dimensions of Ethics; Ethics in Private and Public Relationships.
- Aptitude and Foundational Value of Civil Services : integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship,objectivity,dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker sections.
- Emotional Intelligence : concepts and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Strengthening of Moral values in Governance and Public Administration.
Paper–IV Knowledge of Language(Hindi and English)
For any doubt please leave a comment for rasfreenotes.in team in the comment box below. If these notes looked relavent to you please share on Facebook and Google so that your other friends could find the free service and could save lakhs from those coaching mafiya’s
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes