Variable Climatic condition throughout the state has led to the development of different agricultural practices. Scientists have divided the state into following agro-climatic regions:-
Western Agricultural Region:-
- It covers the sandy arid plains with low rainfall and thus about 70% of the net cropped area is under Kharif crops of bajra and pulses. This region extands to the districts of Jaisalmer, Barmer,Bikaner,Jodhpur ,Pali and Churu.
- Availability of irrigation facility has divided the region into two types of crop combination.
- Bajra-Jowar-Sesamum-Wheat region (where irrigation facilities are provided like Pali district by Jawai dam canal) and Bajra mono culture where irrigation facilities are limited. Success of Indra Gandhi Canal could be viewed from the fact that Sriganganagar and Hanumangarh are the only districts in western Rajasthan where ravi crops dominate the cropping pattern.
Central Agricultural Region
- Most of the area in this region is a part of Banas basin and covers the districts of Ajmer,Jaipur and Bhilwara.
- During Kharif season bajra,jowar,maize,pulses,oil seeds and cotton are cultivated while Barley and wheat are cultivated in the Ravi season.
South- Central Agricultural Region
- It covers the districts of Chittorgarh,Udaipur and Rajsamand with a general crop combination of Maize-Wheat and Gram-Jowar.
South-Eastern Agricultural Region
- This region is generally covered by the Black soil and is is an important Jowar growing area of the state.It covers the districts of Jhalawar, Bundi ,Kota,Baran and Tonk.
- Kharif crops are:- Jowar,Maize,oil seeds,cotton and Sugarcane
- Ravi crops are:- wheat and gram
North-Eastern Agricultural Region
- This region is a predominately Ravi growing area covering the districts of Sawaimadhopur, Alwar and Bharatpur.
- Kharif crops are:- Bajra,Jowar,Oilseeds,Pulses and Rice
- Ravi Crops are:- Wheat,Barley and Oil seeds
South-Western Agricultural Region
- It covers the predominately rice and maize growing districts of Dungarpur and Banswara.
ras free notes team will provide you in detailed notes for each topic of RAS RTS examination, please dont forget to subscribe RAS free notes for regular updates regarding RAS RTS Pre Examination Rajasthan Public Service Commission(RPSC), Ajmer. Here is RAS Pre GK, GS Paper 1 Solutions, Full Question Paper, Answer Key of RAS Pre Examination . For Results, Cut-Off Marks, Subject Papers. RAS Pre Question Paper Solutions. For More updates on RAS Pre 2012 Results Follow us on FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+ For all Previous year RAS RTS Papers(1991-2012) visit: rasfreenotes.in RAS Exam Previous years Papers are completely solved along with sectional devision Ras RTS Mains exam .
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes