- Need expert panel to implement organ transplant law, says Punjab and Haryana HC
The Punjab and Haryana high court has held that a committee consisting of experts from the PGIMER,
Chandigarh/private hospitals needs to be set up for effective implementation of the law related to transplantation of human organ donation law.
After hearing the Union of India, PGIMER, states of Punjab, Haryana and Union Territory, Chandigarh, they are of the considered opinion that for effective implementation of the provisions of the Transplantation of Human Organs and Tissues Act, 1994, it is expedient that a committee be constituted consisting of experts from the PGIMER Chandigarh/ private hospitals, which shall suggest various ways and means to take the very laudable object of this petition in the states of Punjab, Haryana and UT Chandigarh to a logical end.
- UNEA has adopted two resolutions piloted by India
- The United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) has adopted two resolutions piloted by India on single-use plastics and sustainable nitrogen management.The resolutions were passed at the fourth session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) which was held in Nairobi. The theme of the fourth session of UNEA was Innovative Solutions for environmental challenges and sustainable production and consumption.
- UNEA is the world’s highest-level decision-making bodyon the environment
♦ It addresses the critical environmental challenges facing the world today
♦ It was created in June 2012
- Singapore, Paris and Hong Kong share the title of the world’s most expensive city
- According to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) Worldwide Cost of Living Survey, Asia’s Lion City – Singapore has been joined by Paris and Hong Kong in a tie at the top of the table.
- Switzerland’s Zurich and Geneva and Japan’s Osaka are also among top five most expensive cities.
- According to the report, India’s Bengaluru, Chennai and New Delhiare among the ten cheapest locations surveyed.
- EIU’s 2019 Worldwide Cost of Living Survey compares the prices of more than 400 itemsacross 160 products and services. These include food, drink, clothing, household supplies and personal care items, as well as private schools, domestic help and recreational costs.
- International Day of Happiness is celebrated on 20th March
- International Day of Happiness is celebrated every year on March 20. The theme for IDH 2019 is ‘Happier Together’. This year the focus will be on what we have in common, rather than what divides us. It is celebrated by all 193 UN Member States.
- Since 2013, the United Nations has celebrated the International Day of Happiness as a way torecognize the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world. It was conceptualized and founded by philanthropist, activist, statesman, and prominent United Nations special advisor Jayme Illien to inspire, mobilize, and advance the global happiness movement.
- Operation Sunrise: India and Myanmar jointly destroy insurgents camps
- The Indian and Myanmar’s armies have, in a coordinated operation, destroyed at least 10 camps belonging to an insurgent group in Myanmar, which had become a threat to India’s mega Kaladan Projectin the neighbouring country.
- The military action carried out was codenamed Operation Sunrise.
- The Kaladan project connects Sittwe Port in Myanmar to the India-Myanmar border.
- The project was jointly initiated by India and Myanmar to create a multi-modal platform for cargo shipments from the eastern ports to Myanmar and to the North-eastern parts of the country through Myanmar.
- Vijit becomes the first Indian Coast Guard ship to visit Indonesia
- This visit of the coast guard ship follows from the first-ever-visit of Naval Ship INS Sumitrato Sabang in July 2018.
- Vijit’s visit to Sabang, Indonesia, also highlights strengthening cooperation in the area of maritime security and safety between New Delhi and Jakarta.
- ICGS Vijit is the 2nd in the series of 90 meter Offshore Patrol Vessels and was commissioned at Goa on 11 Dec 2010.
- ‘Vijit’ meaning “Winner or Victorious” is the testimony of India’s shipbuilding capabilities and the resolve of Govt of India to safeguard country’s maritime interests.
- RBI says Forex swap for liquidity has been received well
- The recent decision of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)to inject rupee liquidity through long-term foreign exchange (forex) swap, a first of its kind in liquidity management policy, has been received well.
- On 26th March auctionthe feedback of the forex swap will be received. The central bank will conduct a dollar-rupee buy/sell swap auction of $5 billion for a three-year tenor, on March 26.
- India Post released stamp cover on Ice Stupa in Leh
- India Post released aspecial stamp cover on Ice Stupa in Leh at an event in the presence of Himalayan Institute of Alternatives Ladakh founder Sonam Wangchuk who spearheaded the Ice Stupa initiative.
- Ice Stupas refer to artificial glaciers. The water from these artificial glaciers melt in the springtime, just when the fields need Leh lies in the cold desert region and most villages in the region face acute water shortage in the streams whereas in June there is an excess of water and even flash flooding due to the fast melting of the snow and glaciers in the mountains. By September all farming activities end and yet a smaller stream flow throughout the winter steadily but wastefully going into the Indus river without being of use to anybody.
- Ice Stupas are aimedat reducing water crisis in the region and also to convey a message to the world that how the Mountain people are forced to do such innovative ideas to solve the water crises, Ice Stupas also sends a message to all the people who live in big cities to not use resources in such a way that it creates problem for mountain people.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes