- 10% quota for sportspersons in recruitment
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Thursday said that outstanding sportspersons of the State would be provided ten percent horizontal reservation in recruitment to group D posts.
- The Chief Minister made this announcement while speaking on the concluding day of budget session of Haryana Vidhan Sabha here.
- He said that the State Government has also made a provision as per which preference for the place of posting would be sought from the candidates prior to declaration of final result so that they could join within 24 to 48 hours of the result. He informed the House that the Staff Selection Commission has declared the result of 6,134 candidates for the post of clerk and they are being informed about their place of posting through e-mail and SMS. The Commission has also declared the result for 380 posts of Multi Purpose Health Workers on March 8.
- While giving comparative figures of recruitment made during the previous governments and in the present State Government, he said that in the tenure of five years from 1999 to 2004, 11,800 candidates were recruited, whereas from 2004 to 2009, 20,030 candidates were recruited in different government Departments, Boards and Corporations.
- The Chief Minister said that 50,000 posts have been advertised by the present State Government, out of which selection on 24,016 posts have already been made, whereas 12,000 to 14,000 posts are under the litigation process due to one or other reasons.
- The State Government had implemented the reservation policy in respect of employees engaged under part II of outsourcing policy on October 27, 2017. Now taking step further, it has also been decided to grant reservation while engaging contractual manpower under part I of the outsourcing policy, he announced.
- The Chief Minister also said that out of the total 63,170 group D posts, 33,879 posts are lying vacant in different Departments, Boards and Corporations.
- Besides scrapping interview for selection to class III and IV category posts, the pgovernment has decided to give weightage of ten per cent to the specialized deserving candidates, he added.
- Replying to a query of opposition, Manohar Lal said that the government would not terminate the services of any Nambardar in the state.
- He clarified that only information about age has been sought through a letter circulated in this regard. It has been asked to prepare categorization of Nambardars according to their age, he added.
- World Ocean Summit 2018 concluded in Mexico
- World Ocean Summit was held recently in Mexico’s Riviera Maya.
- It’s a chance for business, government and environmental leaders to talk about the problems facing the world’s seas and to come up with solutions to protect the planet’s vast ocean resources.
- UN’s environmental director says governments need to take more responsibility for the world’s oceans.
· Maldives Parliament Approved Anti-Defection Bill
- The Maldives Parliament has approved the anti-defection bill with retrospective effect amidst the boycott by opposition MPs.
- According to the bill, MPs elected on political party tickets will lose their seat if they leave their party, get expelled, or switch parties.
- The bill would take effect from 13th July 2017, meaning that the 12 MPs that switched to the Opposition last year would lose their seats.
- The bill was passed with 35 votes as opposition MPs continued to boycott the settings.
- India’s first coastal policing academy set up
- The Union home ministry recently sanctioned the launch of the National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) located in coastal Okha in the newly created Devbhoomi Dwarka district.
- It will be created and run by a multi-agency team of paramilitary and defence forces and sharpen the response and skills of the marine forces of multiple states which have sea lines.
· Union Government To Institute Award For Best Investigators Of Crime
- The union government decided to institute an award for carrying out the best investigation of crime for promoting high professional standards among police forces.
- The award – Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Police Investigation – will be given to the best investigators of police forces of States, Union Territories, and central investigating agencies.
- Based on the average crime data for the last three years, a total of 162 medalswill be awarded every year. Out of these, 137 will be for the states and Union territories and 25 for the central investigating agencies – National Investigation Agency, CBI and Narcotics Control Bureau.
- Home Minister to inaugurate International Police Conference on Cybercrime & Terrorism
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh will inaugurate the two-day Asia-Pacific Regional Conference of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) in New Delhi.
- The theme is “Challenges to Policing in 2020- How is Cyber Space shaping our approach to Cybercrime & Terrorism, how do we perform within it and take advantage of it”.
- The regional conference is being organised by the Asia-Pacific World Regional Office (APWRO) of the IACP in partnership with the Intelligence Bureau.
- The Director, Intelligence Bureau, as the Chair of APWRO, is the host of the Conference.
- The phenomenal growth and influence of Cyber space and Cyber technology have opened new challenges in the field of policing in recent times.
- The Conference is mainly focused on holding discussions about the growing interest of various terrorist/ organized groups and radical elements in exploiting the Cyberspace and its advanced technologies for their various heinous crimes and nefarious designs.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address farmers on March 17 at annual Krishi Unnati Mela
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address farmers at the annual Krishi Unnati Mela in New Delhi. Briefing reporters in New Delhi, Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said, the objective of the 3-day mela is to create awareness to farmers about the latest agriculture-related technological developments.
- He will also inaugurate the Jaivik Kheti Portal and confer Krishi Karman Award and Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Krishi Vigyan protsahan awards.
- Lakhs of farmers and agriculture scientists will participate in the meal.
- During the latest agriculture and allied sector technologies will be displayed at more than 600 stalls.
- The main theme pavilion will be based on Doubling of farmers income by 2022.
- The theme area will display different kinds of organic farming techniques like natural farming and eco-farming.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes