- Hry to introdue Ambucycles service
- Haryana Government has decided to introduce the Ambucycles (two-wheeler) service in the state with the assistance of Israel for providing emergency response service to the people in minimum possible time.
- The Ambucycles are the motorcycles which make sure that people get to emergencies within the first few crucial minutes of any need or mishap.
- It was also agreed upon that though the state has already constituted working groups for the early execution of projects being implemented with the assistance of Israel in the field of agriculture, horticulture and water conservation, such groups should also be constituted in the areas of cyber security, home land security, aviation and industries.
- Haryana is primarily an agrarian state but in the last few years it has made rapid strides in the field of industrial development also. The state ranks third in the country and first among northern states in terms of ease of doing business.
- Micro and drip irrigation is being promoted at a large scale and efforts are being made to bring the water logged area back under cultivation.
- India has a fastest growing economy in the world and Israel wants to be a partner in the process through sharing of its knowledge and experience in different fields
- NASA announced a new mission to explore Saturn’s largest moon
- NASAannounced a new mission to explore this fascinating world with a helicopter drone. The mission, called Dragonfly is the latest in NASA’s New frontier program. NASA has earlier launched explorations of Pluto, Jupiter, the asteroid Bennu, and now, Titan.
- Titan, the largest moon of Saturn, has a lot in common with Earth. It has a thick, nitrogen-dense atmosphere and features like rivers, lakes, mountains, and, potentially volcanoes. The atmosphere of Titan is four times as dense as the Earth’s and there’s less gravity which makes it a prime location in the solar system to deploy a drone.
- Dragonfly is planned to launch in 2026 and arrive at Titan in 2034. With its eight rotors, Dragonfly will be able to fly tens of miles in a given day. It is powered by a plutonium battery.
- Mumbai named India’s most expensive city
- Mumbai is India’s most expensive city and among the top 20 costliest cities surveyed in Asia for expatriates.
- According to Mercer’s 25th Annual Cost of Living Survey, Mumbai fell 12 spots and was ranked at the 67th position out of 209 cities surveyed.
- The costliest city in the world for the second consecutive year is Hong Kong followed by Tokyo, Singapore and Seoul.
- Zojila tunnel’s project cost surges to Rs 8,400 crore
- The project cost for the 14.2 km Zojila tunnel connecting Srinagar to Leh has surged by Rs 1,600 crore to Rs 8,400 crore.
- Construction work on the 14.2 km long Zojila tunnel project has been stuck since May 2018.
- Asia’s longest and strategic bi-directional tunnel, the Zojila project will provide all-weather connectivity between J&K’s Srinagar, Kargil and Leh.
- It will cut down the time taken to cross Zojila pass from the present three and a half hours to just 15 minutes.
- Zojila pass, situated at an altitude of 11,578 feet on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway.
- State education boards to decide on choice of languages
- Amid an uproar from southern states, the Centre on Monday dropped the controversial reference to the three-language policy from the draft National Education Policy
- The study of three languages by students in Hindi-speaking states would continue to include Hindi and English and one of the modern languages from other parts of India, while the study of languages by students in non-Hindi speaking states would include the regional language, Hindi and English
· Work on economic census 2019 gathers momentum
- Economic census is the complete count of all the establishments located within the geographical boundary of India. The economic census provides disaggregated information on various operational and structural variables of all establishments of the country. Economic census also provides valuable insight into geographical spread/clusters of economic activities, ownership pattern, persons engaged, etc. of all economic establishments in the country. The information collected during economic census are useful for socio-economic developmental planning at state and district levels. Economic census provides an updated sampling frame for follow-up enterprise surveys undertaken for detailed and comprehensive analysis of all establishments in the country.
- The Seventh Economic Census (7th EC) is being conducted by Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) in 2019. In the current economic census, MoSPI has partnered with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology as the implementing agency for 7th EC.
- Economic census will cover all establishments including household enterprises, engaged in production or distribution of goods/services (other than for the sole purpose of own consumption) in non-farm agricultural and non-agricultural sector will be counted. The coverage is same as the one in 6th Economic Census, conducted in 2013.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes