- Hry sports min seeks amendment in sports policy
- Amid resentment among sportspersons over recent orders of Haryana Government, Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Anil Vij said that he has sent a proposal to the Chief Minister Manohar Lal for an amendment in the sports policy to ensure that no deduction is made from the prize money of sportspersons.
- Notably, the State Government had to cancel the April 26 felicitation function for the states Commonwealth Games medal winners following threats of boycott from the top athletes over the proposed cut in their prize money.
- The State Government had announced that as per the sports policy, in case of athletes who represent institutions such as the Army or Railways and are given cash prizes by them, the Haryana Government would deduct the amount given by the institution from their stated cash award.
- According to Haryana’s sports policy, a CWG gold medallist from the state is to get Rs 1.5 crore, a silver medallist Rs 75 lakh and a bronze medallist Rs 50 lakh. The move was to affect a total of 13 of the 22 sportspersons from Haryana representing central government organizations such as Indian Railways and Indian Army.
· SIPRI Yearbook 2018 Released, Number of Peacekeepers Declined
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) launches the findings of SIPRI Yearbook 2018, which assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security.
- At the start of 2018 nine states – the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) – possessed approximately 14,465 nuclear weapons.
· India hopes to open Chabahar port of Iran by 2019 amid US sanctions
- India is trying to make Chabahar Port in Iran operational by 2019, despite a threat of renewed US sanctions against Tehran.
- The port would offer easy accessibility toCIS countries, Transport and Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari said in the statement.
· One lakh people perform Yoga in Rajasthan, create world record
- On the occasion of International Yoga Day on June 21, More than 1 lakh people together performed Yoga in Rajasthan’s Kotato create Guinness World Record.
- CM Vasundhara Raje Scindia was present at the venue along with Yoga guru Ramdev, who conducted the yoga session.
- Earlier, 55,000 people of Mysore held the record of the largest crowd performing yoga.
· Cabinet approves 3 Year Action Plan of Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of the Three Year Action Plan (2017-2020)of the scheme for Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes with an outlay of 2225.46 crore.
- It comprises of:
“Strengthening and Development of Higher Agricultural Education in India – Rs. Rs.2050.00 crore;
ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) – Rs. 24.25 crore and
ICAR – Central Institute of Women in Agriculture (CIWA) including All India Coordinated Research Project on Home Science (AICRP-HS) – Rs.151.21 crore.
· Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty
- To honour soldiers who have been disabled in line of duty, while serving the Nation and to celebrate the undying spirit of ‘Soldiering’, Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the ‘Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty’.
· India launches its first national healthcare facility registry
- The Union ministry of health and family welfare launched the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR), the first ever registry in the country registry of authentic, standardised and updated geo-spatial data of all public and private healthcare.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the project technology partner for providing data security.
- It was launched by Union Health Minister J P Nadda.
· Three MoUs signed and 6 at an advanced stage under Adopt a Heritage Scheme
- Under “Adopt a Heritage Scheme“, three MoUs have already been signed and six are at an advanced stage and 31 more Adarsh Monuments are enlisted for coverage under the scheme.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India.
- The four MoUs include: 1. Mount Stok Kangri Trek Route, Ladakh
Gangotri Temple Area & Trail to Gaumukh, Uttarakhand
- Red Fort, Delhi
4. Gandikota Fort, Andhra Pradesh
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes