webinar ‘YuvaManthan with MukhyaMantri’
Mr. Manohar Lal today urged Youth that they should not let the uncertainties arising due to COVID-19 Pandemic overpower the enthusiasm and zeal in their lives. “To emerge from the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have to convert every situation into an opportunity and emerge as nation builders”
The programme saw participation of as many as 400 experts from all the fields including Medical, Law, Industry and also including Academicians, Environmentalist, Agriculturalists, Students and other professionals from State, Country and Overseas.
While appreciating Haryana Government’s dedicated efforts to tackle the COVID-19 situation which has resulted in placing the State at a better position, the participants also offered their suggestions and feedback urging the Government to take further innovative and strong measures to overcome this challenge.
World Population Day- 11 July
- World Population Day is an annual event, observed on July 11 every year, which seeks to raise awareness of global population issues. The event was established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in 1989.
- Commemorating World Population Day is important as it emphasizes the importance of population stabilisation and its vital role in the future of the masses and their health.”It is even more critical now to recognise the importance of providing reproductive health services due to the challenges posed by COVID-19 pandemic
CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2019
- NTPC Ltd, a central PSU under Ministeybof Power and India’s largest power generation company, has won the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019, under Outstanding Accomplishment in Corporate Excellence Category. Also, the company has received Commendation for Significant Achievement in category of CSR.
- NTPC always strives for sustainable development of its communities around the power stations. Its flagship CSR program GEM (Girl Empowerment Mission), a 4 weeks residential program has been institutionalized in the vicinity of its power stations for benefit of school going girls from underprivileged background to support in their overall development.
- CII-ITC Sustainability Awards recognize and reward excellence in sustainability practices. It is considered to be the most credible platform for sustainability recognition in the country.
India’s Tiger Census sets a New Guinness Record
- India’s Tiger Census sets a New Guinness Record for being the world’s largest camera trap wildlife survey.
- India has fulfilled its resolve to double the tiger numbers four years before the target. The country now has an estimated 2967 tigers as per the latest census. With this number, India is home to nearly 75% of the global tiger population and has already fulfilled its resolve of doubling tiger numbers, made at St. Petersburg in 2010, much before the target year of 2022.
ATL App Development Module for school students
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission launches ATL App Development Module for school students nationwide
- Aims at transforming school students from App users to innovative App Developers
- The ATL App Development modules have been launched in collaboration with Indian homegrown startupPlezmo with an aim to hone the skills of school students and transforming them from App users to App makers in the times to come under AIM’s flagship Atal Tinkering Labs initiative.
India needs additional spending of 6.2% of GDP to meet development goals
- A joint study by government think tank NITI Aayog and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has estimated that India needs to increase its sustainable development goals (SDG) spending by an additional 6.2% of its gross domestic product.
- The four crucial areas of action identified by the report are – improvement of the statistical system; monitoring at the local level; capacity building of all stakeholders; and SDG financing.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes