‘Har Sir Helmet’ programme
to make youth aware of traffic rules and regulations, every student pursuing education in various colleges across the State along with getting necessary information about traffic rules, should also be given driving license in their educational institutions only.
large number of road accidents occur every year in the country and there are estimated to be around 1300 accidents per day, in which most of the people driving without helmets die.
WHO experts to visit China as part of COVID-19 investigation
- World Health Organisation experts will lay the groundwork for a larger mission to investigate the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Scientists believe the virus may have originated in bats, then was transmitted through another mammal such such as a civet cat or an armadillo-like pangolin before being passed on to people at a fresh food market in the central Chinese city of Wuhan late last year.
- More than 120 nations called for an investigation into the origins of the virus at the World Health Assembly in May.
All Indian news channels barring Doordarshan blocked across Nepal
- Nepal’s Ambassador to India Nilambar Acharya had complained to the Ministry of External Affairs on Thursday regarding coverage of Nepal’s leadership in certain Indian TV channels.
IAF gets last of 5 Apache attack helicopters from Boeing
- Boeing handed over the last of the five AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to the Indian Air Force (IAF), completing the contract for 22 Apaches.
- The Apaches were deployed at the Leh air base as part of the forward movement of assets, amid the stand-off with China in Ladakh.
- The final five of the 22 Apache attack helicopters were handed over to the IAF at the Air Force Station, Hindan
- India contracted 22 Apache helicopters and 15 Chinook helicopters from Boeing through the Foreign Military Sales programme of the U.S. government in September 2015 under a $3 billion deal.
PLA retreats from base of Finger 4 to Finger 5
- Chinese troops have fully moved back from the base of Finger 4 to Finger 5 at Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh while they continue to occupy the ridge lines of Finger 4.
- The first phase of disengagement is now fully complete at PP 14, 15 and 17A with Indian troops too pulling back as per agreement after the Chinese troops moved back first.
PM Shri Narendra Modi dedicated Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power project to the Nation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 750 MW (megawatt) solar project set up at Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa via video-conferencing.
- The project comprises three solar generating units — 250 MW each — located on a 500-hectare plot inside a solar park.
- The project is aimed at reducing carbon emission equivalent to approximately 15 lakh tonnes of CO2 per year
- India has commitment to attaining the target of gigawatt (GW) of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100 GW of solar installed capacity
National Fish Farmers Day 2020
- National Fish Farmers Day is celebrated on 10th July every year in remembrance of scientists Dr. K. H. Alikunhi and Dr. H.L. Chaudhury who successfully demonstrated the technology of induced breeding (Hypophysation) in Indian Major Carps on 10th July, 1957 at the erstwhile ‘Pond Culture Division’ of CIFRI at Cuttack, Odisha
- The event aims to draw attention to changing the way the country manages fisheries resources to ensure sustainable stocks and healthy ecosystems.
- In order to consolidate the achievements of Blue Revolution and pave the way from NeeliKranti to ArthKranti, the “Pradhan MantriMatsyaSampadaYojana” (PMMSY) has been launched with highest ever investment of Rs. 20,050 crore during next five years. This scheme will address the critical gaps in fish production and productivity, quality, technology, post-harvest infrastructure and management, modernisation and strengthening of value chain, traceability, establishing a robust fisheries management framework and fishermen’s welfare.
India Cycles 4 Change Challenge
- ‘India Cycles 4 Change Challenge’ is an online portal for cities to submit their proposals was launched by the Smart Cities Mission of the Ministry.
- Apart from the 100 cities implementing the Smart Cities Mission, cities with population of over 5 lakh and capitals of States and Union Territories can apply.
- Cities would be encouraged to create extensive cycling networks using low-cost methods like pop-up cycle lanes and non-motorised zones and set up community-led cycle rental schemes.
AI-based ASEEM digital platform
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship launches AI-based ASEEM digital platform to bridge demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors
- The portal will map details of workers based on regions and local industry demands
- Database of labour migrants in Indian states and overseas citizens, who returned to India under the Vande Bharat Mission and filled SWADES Skill Card, has been integrated with the ASEEM portal
- Candidate data coming to Skill India Portal from various state and central skilling schemes will be integrated including PMKVY, Fee-based Programs, National Urban Livelihoods Mission, DeenDayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana and SeekhoaurKamao
Covid-19 recovery rate in India at 63 %, mortality rate at 2.72 %
- Health Minister stated that the recovery rate of Covid-19 patients in India currently stands at about 63 per cent and India has not reached the community transmission stage, despite being a large country.
- 30 States and Union Territories have a fatality rate lower than the national average.
- The country-wide strong network of ASHAs and ANMs along with Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres have helped in effective surveillance and contact tracing of the cases, including the lakhs of migrants and returnees
Shipping Ministry issues draft “Aids to Navigation Bill 2020”
- The draft bill aims at repealing the colonial Lighthouse Act, 1927, and provides for empowering the Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships (DGLL) with additional power and functions such as vessel traffic service, wreck flagging, training and certification, implementation of other obligations under international conventions where India is a signatory.
- The draft bill comprises a new schedule of offences, along with commensurate penalties for obstructing and damaging the aids to navigation, and non-compliance with directives issued by the Central Government and other bodies under the draft bill.
- With the advent of modern technologically improved aids to maritime navigation, the role of authorities regulating and operating maritime navigation has changed drastically. Therefore the new law encompasses a major shift from lighthouses to modern aids of navigation.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes