ð Haryana is set to change the pattern of the Haryana Civil Services (Executive) main examination
ð Under the new pattern, the candidates will only have to appear for one optional paper, instead of two under the current norms. The optional papers are in addition to the general studies paper conducted for the HCS.
ð The weightage given to the general studies and the optional paper is also likely to change under the new pattern. Sources say the total marks of the general studies paper have been raised from 150 to 200, while the optional paper will carry 200 marks.
ð The pattern for the preliminary examination, however, remains unchanged.
- World Youth Skills Day: 15 July
- On July 15 every year, World Youth Skills Day is marked to promote youth skills development and abilities.
- In 2019, UNESCO and the UNEVOC network will join the global celebrations to mark the day and also to raise awareness about the importance of youth skills development.
- Also, TikTok and National Skill Development Corporation have collaborated to celebrate the day this year by launching an in-app campaign ‘Skills4All’.
- This year, the theme for World Youth Skills Day 2019 is ‘Learning to learn for life and work’.
- ‘LaQshya’ to improve quality of care in the labour room, maternity Ots
- The Union Government has launched “LaQshya” (Labour room Quality improvement Initiative) to improve the quality of care in the labour room and maternity operation theatres.
- It’s a multipronged approach focused on Intrapartum and the immediate postpartum period.
- The initiative primarily focuses on reducing preventable maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity due to haemorrhage, retained placenta, preterm, preeclampsia and eclampsia, obstructed labour, puerperal sepsis, newborn asphyxia, and newborn sepsis.
- Govt plans to set up 4,200 Ayush wellness centres in ongoing fiscal
- 2,500 new centres are planned to be opened within the first four months of the present government.
- The government also provided financial assistance to set up integrated Ayush hospitals in 85 districts across various states, and has plans to add more.
- The government is trying to modernise Ayush hospitals across the country and is increasing the number of doctors.
- It is also modernising postgraduate AYUSH medical colleges.
The government provided around Rs 53,000 crore for Ministry of Health and Rs 1,686 crore for Ministry of Ayush for the last fiscal. Standing Committee asked to increase the budget for the Ministry of Ayush.
· Around 30 lakh persons enrolled under PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme
- The union government notified the eligibility criteria for its mega pension scheme – Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan
- They announced in the budget 2019 for unorganized sector workers.
People who are at 40 years or already covered under a pension with part contribution by the government are not eligible for the scheme.
- Only one spouse will be eligible for family pension in case of demise of the pensioner.
- The Government via notification dated February 7, 2019 notified the rules and other criteria for the mega pension scheme announced by the Finance Minister.
The mega pension scheme is known as Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan.
- As per the notification the Scheme shall apply to the unorganised workers.
They are working or engaged as home- based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washermen, rickshaw pullers, landless laborers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, etc.
- To join the mega pension scheme, the monthly income of unorganized worker should not exceed Rs 15,000.
- The Children of the subscriber will not be allowed to receive any pension benefit after his/her death.
- The minimum monthly pension assured in the scheme is Rs 3000 which will be paid to the subscriber after attaining the age of 60 years.
- England lifts ICC Cricket World Cup
- England lifted their maiden ICC World Cup cricket trophy beating New Zealand in the final that was decided via a dramatic Super Over in London.
- England’s Ben Stokes is named player of the match.
- New Zealand’s skipper Kane Williamson was adjudged player of the tournament
- Djokovic beats Federer to win fifth Wimbledon title
- In Tennis, Serbian Novak Djokovic won his fifth Wimbledon title after defeating Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer 7-6, 1-6, 7-6, 4-6, 13-12 in a match that lasted for more than four hours.
- The match had to be decided in the fifth set, as both Federer and Djokovic won two sets each in the longest ever final to be played so far.
- Simona Halep won the Wimbledon Championship 2019 title
- Simona Halepwon the Wimbledon Championship 2019 title. She created Wimbledon history by becoming the first Romanian to win the Grand slam 2019 title. She secured 6-2, 6-2 and defeated seven-time champion Serena Williams.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes