- Hry to build silos with 6L metric tonne capacity for storing grains
- Haryana Government has decided to construct silos having capacity of 6 lakh metric tonnes in the state under the Warehouse Infrastructure Fund of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for providing sufficient storage facilities of foodgrains.
- For this, a Rs 200 crore project would be sent to NABARD within next 15 days for approval.
- The State Government has purchased several crops on the Minimum Support Price (MSP) in the state. Apart from wheat and rice, each and every grain of bajra, sarson (mustard) and sunflower is being purchased and for this, sufficient storage capacity is required to store the produce after procurement
- The present State Government has recently launched Jal Hi Jeevan Hai Scheme to encourage the farmers to shift from the water guzzling crops like paddy and adopt alternative crops such as Maize which require comparatively less water.
- The scheme has got tremendous response from the farmers as registration has been done for 50,000 hectares in the state for maize crop
- NASA’s PUNCH mission selected Indian Scientist Dipankar Banerjee as its co-investigator
- Dipankar Banerjee A solar physicist from Indian Institute of Astrophysics selected by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) for its PUNCH mission.
- He is also the co-Chair of India’s Science Working Group India planning to send up its own satellite Aditya-Ll, A mission to study the Sun’s corona.
- He will study the acceleration of the solar wind. He will focus on the polar regions of the Sun. The team will observe the Sun using joint observations from PUNCH and Indian mission Aditya.
- PUNCH is an acronym for “Polarimeter to Unify the Corona and Heliosphere“, image the Sun.
- The main objective of the mission is to understand the transition of particles from the Sun’s outer corona to solar wind that fills interplanetary space.
- Corona is the atmosphere of the Sun connecting with the interplanetary medium.
The mission is expected to be launched in 2022.
- The missions for Sun’s atmosphere: NASA’s Parker Solar Probe and ESA-NASA joint project, Solar Orbiter.
- Aparna Kumar becomes the first civil servant & IPS Officer to conquer the ‘Seven Summits’ challenge
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Aparna Kumar became the first civil servant to scale Mount Denali
- It is the highest peak in North America.She is the first civil servant and IPS officer to achieve this rare feat.
- This was her 7th summit challenge.She became the first woman IPS DIG and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officer to successfully complete the South Pole expedition.
- Asian Development Bank approved $350 Million Loan for Chhattisgarh Road Improvement Project
- Asian Development Bank(ADB)approved $350 million in loans to rehabilitate and upgrade two state highways.
- There are around 23 major district roads totaling about 850 kilometers in
- They improve the connectivity and access to basic services in the state.
- The overall total cost of the project is $521.69 million.
- The state government of Chhattisgarh to provide $171.69 million.
- Chhattisgarh is rich in natural resources.It is the largest producer of minerals like coal and iron ore.
- Govt extends Kisan Credit Card facility to fisheries, animal husbandry sector
- Government has extended the facility of Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to fisheries and animal husbandry farmers to help them meet their working capital needs.
- The KCC facility will help fisheries and animal husbandry farmers to meet their short term credit requirements of rearing of animals, poultry birds and other aquatic organisms and capture of fish.
- Under the Kisan Credit Card facility, for the existing KCC holders, the credit limit is three lakh rupees to meet their working capital requirements.
- Under KCC, interest subvention is available for animal husbandry and fisheries farmers at the rate of two per cent per annum.
- Odisha to host 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship
- Odisha Government is set to host the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship at the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium in Cuttack from 17 to 22 July.
- This championship will see participation from some of the best players from across the globe.
- The tournament has received a good entry with 14 associations, consisting India, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, England, Scotland, Wales, Jersey, Australia, Cyprus, South Africa, Nigeria, Pakistan.
- Uttar Pradesh State govt. has announced piped water for every rural home in the state within two years
- The Uttar Pradesh State governmenthas announced piped water for every rural home in the state within two years. The Yogi Adityanath-led government has already begun its work on the piped water programme.
- The State has planned to divide Jal Nigam’s work into urban and rural areas for better implementation. The works are carried out under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes