- ‘Super brain yoga’ to be introduced in Hry schools
- The Board of School Education, Haryana has proposed to introduce ‘super brain yoga’ asana in schools. For this, the Board will soon send a proposal to the Department of School Education, Haryana.
- Initially, the students of Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Lab School, Bhiwani will begin performing ‘super brain yoga’, an asana to boost mental power.
- After the successful implementation there, the same yoga routine will be done by the students in other schools.
- ‘Super brain yoga’ asana involves touching the ears and doing squats.
- In the past, the Haryana Government’s announcements like inclusion of shlokas of Bhagwad Gita in school curriculum and making yoga compulsory in all schools of the state had drawn severe criticism from various segments as both decisions were seen to have religious overtones.
- National Doctor’s Day: 1 July 2019
- National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on the 1st of July in India every year.
- This day honours doctors across the country for their relentless service throughout the year.
- In India, Doctor’s Day is celebrated to honour the legendary Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, who was also the second Chief Minister of West Bengal.
- 2019 theme: ‘Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment’
- India signs Rs 200 crore anti-tank missile deal with Russia
- India has signed a deal to acquire ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile from Russia for its fleet of Mi-35 attack choppers.
- The deal for the missiles is worth around Rs 200 crore and would give an added capability to the Mi-35 attack choppers.
- The Mi-35s are the existing attack choppers of the Indian Air Force and are set to be replaced with the Apache gunships being acquired from the US.
- Saudi Arabia increased India’s Haj quota by 30,000
- Saudi Arabiaincreased India’s Haj quota by 30,000.
- It was like the third hike in 3 years. It is increased from 1,70,000 to 200,000.
- Indians get a chance to visit annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca. It is a city in Hejazi region of Saudi Arabia.
- The issue discussed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman in the ongoing G20 Summit in Osaka Japan.
- In 2017, Saudi Arabia increased India’s Haj quota by 35,000.It was hiked by 5,000
- Haj subsidy provided by the government withdrawn following the Supreme Court order of 2012.
- It allowed women to go on Hajj without ‘Mahram’ or male companion.
- Bilateral meeting between India and Saudi Arabia regarding the cooperation in tradeand investment, energy security and counter-terrorism.Haj is an annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Fund transfers via RTGS, NEFT to cost less from 1 July 2019
- The Reserve Bank of India will waive all charges on fund transfer through popular RTGS and NEFT systems from July 1 and asked banks to pass on the benefits to customers.
- The Real Time Gross Settlement System (RTGS) is meant for large-value instantaneous fund transfers while the National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) System is used for fund transfers of up to Rs 2 lakh.
- Country’s largest bank SBI charges between Re 1 and Rs 5 for transactions through NEFT and between Rs 5 and Rs 50 for RTGS route.
- Nagaland occupies the top position in the unemployment rate: NSSO Survey
- According to the survey, “The Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) for 2017-18” which is conducted by National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO).
- The huge variations among the states in terms of the unemployment rate.
The overall unemployment rate is around 6.1.
- Nagaland has the highest unemployment rate among the states with the percentage of 21.4%
- It is followed by Goa (1 3.9%) and Manipur(1 1.6%)
- Meghalaya has the lowest rate at 1.5%.Chhattisgarh and Sikkim have the lowest rates.
- Urban areas witnessed higher unemployment (7.8%) than rural areas (5.3%). Females have the lowest unemployment rate (5.7%) in comparison to males (6.2%).
Nagaland top in the list of union territories while Dadra and Nagar Haveli with a low rate of 0.6%.
- Goa and Kerala are high in female unemployment at 26.0% and 23.3%respectively.
- UGC approves new initiative STRIDE to boost research culture
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has approved a new initiative – Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE) to boost research culture in the country.
- The scheme will strengthen research culture and innovation in colleges and Universities.
- STRIDE will help students and faculty to contribute towards India’s developing economy with the help of collaborative research.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes