- Bio-cng, biogas plant to be set up in hry gaushalas
- In a bid to ensure effective management of gaushalas (cow shelters) and make them self sustainable and economically viable, the Manohar Lal Khattar Government has planned a slew of measures including setting up of bio-CNG and biogas plant at gaushalas.
- Apart from implementing waste-to-energy projects aimed at making the gaushalas self reliant, the State Government is also set to open gaushalas in six more district prisons.
- Besides, the government has also planned to set up biogas plants at all gaushalas in a phased manner in the state.
- Under Centre’s ‘GOBARDHAN’ scheme, biogas plant to generate electricity from organic waste, will be set up in one village in 22 districts each.
- The Centre’s ‘GOBARDHAN’scheme was launched from Karnal in April with an objective of generating bio-gas from cattle dung and assist the gram panchayats who intend to set up biogas plant in their villages.
- There are more than 430 gaushalas and nandishalas in the state with strength of about 3.41 lakh cattle.
- At present, the gaushalas in the state are facing shortage of funds. Also, many gaushalas are either filled to capacity or overcrowded.
- The State Government has also given in-principle approval for setting up of gaushalas and nandishalas by the gram panchayats on gau charan land (grazing land) for the rehabilitation of stray cattle in the state. The gram panchayats would be allowed either to utilize the land at their own level for the setting up of gaushalas and nandishalas or lease out the land to other agencies.
- Notably, the State Government has launched ‘Haryana Besahara Gauvansh Mukt Yojana’ to make Haryana stray cattle-free by the end of this month.
- Haryana was among the first states in the country to enact the Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Act in 2015, imposing a strict ban on cow slaughter apart from curtailing smuggling of cows outside the state. It provides for a rigorous imprisonment ranging from three years to ten years for cow slaughter and provides for a fine from Rs 30,000 to Rs one lakh.
· India and Ghana signed two Memorandum of Understanding
- India and Ghana signed two agreements in an effort to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Raveesh Kumar announced that two MOUs on Cultural Exchange Programme and on cooperation between Bureau of Indian Standards and Ghana Standards Authority.
· WhatsApp Messenger limits forwarding messages to five users
- Whatsapp Messengerdecided to tackle the spread of fake news on its platform, instant messaging application and has limited the users can forward messages to only five people at a time.
- The Facebook-owned application believes that these changes will help keep WhatsApp the way it was designed to be a private messaging app.
· Two Plus Two Dialogue Between India and USA to Be Held In New Delhi
- US State Department announced that the inaugural ‘two-plus-two dialogue’ between India and the United States will be held in New Delhi in September 2018.
- Recently, the US had postponed the dialogue due to ‘unavoidable reasons’.
- The Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defence Secretary James Mattis will travel to India for the dialogue with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Samagra Shiksha Scheme to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education
- The Department of School Education and Literacy has formulated the Samagra Shiksha – an Integrated Scheme for School Education as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and it is being implemented throughout the country with effect from the year 2018-19.
- This programme subsumes the three erstwhile Centrally Sponsored Schemes of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education (TE).
- It is an overarching programme for the school education sector extending from pre-school to class XII and aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education at all levels of school education.
- Setting up of National Resource Centres for preparing online training material
- The Government has proposed to set up National Resource Centres (NRCs) to prepare online training material with focus on latest developments in the discipline, new & emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.
- Under this initiative, all in-service teachers, irrespective of their subject and seniority have an enabling opportunity to keep abreast of the latest developments in their disciplines through the technology based online refresher course, through SWAYAM platform.
· Wildlife scientists has satellite collared a Dhole
- A team of wildlife scientists from the Wildlife Institute of India(WII) have collared a dhole, the Indian wild dog, with a satellite transmitter. It is a measure taken to study and track the habits of the endangered species.
- It took over 10 days for the scientists to track down a pack of 14 dholes in Bishanpura meadow in the Mukki range of the Kanha National Park. An adult female was tranquilised and tested for its health. The scientists then fixed a tracking collar around its neck. Conservation ecologists believe such efforts can help protect dholes.
· Purandara Mantap in Hampi submerged
- Due to the heavy discharge of water from Tungabhadra river, the Purandara Mantap, one of the monuments in the world heritage site Hampihave been submerged.
- Other monuments like Salu Mantap, Koti Linga, Vedic Mantap and Stone mantapwhere last rites are performed have also been submerged. The authorities have issued flood alerts to the people nearby to take precautionary measures.
· NMCG organises Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan in five Ganga Basin states
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)is running “Ganga VriksharopanAbhiyan”in five main stem Ganga basin states namely Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- The drive was launched on the 9th July and the week upto 15th July was observed as ‘ShubharambhSaptah’.
- State Forest Departments of these states have been made the nodal agencies for the smooth and effective execution of the campaign.
- The participation from Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), Ganga VicharManch (GVM), NGOs and educational institutions are encouraging.
- The campaign has been initiated as part of the Forest Interventions in Ganga (FIG) component of Namami Gange Programme.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga is the implementation wing of National Ganga Council which was set up in October 2016 under the River Ganga.
· $39 billion export opportunities for Indian firms by 2022
- Rising digitization will unlock a potential $39 billion worth of export opportunities for Indian businesses in select verticals by 2022—up from $16 billion in 2017.
- The verticals that provide high-potential export opportunities are travel, media and entertainment, Software-as-a Service (Saas), consumer brands and real estate.
Asia-pacific is one of the most attractive region for expansion by Indian players
with China, Malaysia and Indonesia as key target countries. Digitally mature
geographies such as the US and the UK are other lucrative geographies which can be
tapped through digital channels.
- For travel, Asia-pacific and West Asia are the broad focus markets with UAE, Indonesia as very high potential markets for Indian online travel agencies.
- For the media and entertainment vertical, markets like the US, the UK, the UAE and mobile-first markets like Brazil are extremely lucrative for video consumption.
- In music, growing markets like South-east Asia, Malaysia and the Philippines offer new opportunities for the players. The industry is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 37% to $3.46 billion by 2022 from a $0.71 billion in 2017.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes