· Haryana implements monthly pension for acid attack survivors
ð The Haryana government has implemented a scheme under which a monthly pension ranging from Rs 5,000 to Rs 9,000 is being provided to acid attack victim women on the basis of percentage of disability so as to provide them a continuous source of income. Apart from this, the Women and Child Development Department is providing financial help ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs three lakh to such women for treatment.
ð Under the scheme, women, who were victims of acid attacks as on May 2, 2011 or after, would be given benefit of monthly pension. Haryana domicile woman or woman, who had been residing in Haryana for at least three years before the attack, would be eligible for availing benefit of monthly pension. The victim herself or her family members can apply online on SARAL portal for the pension. They can also apply to the District Social Welfare Officer concerned.
ð In case of 40 to 50 per cent disability caused by acid attack, the monthly pension would be 2.5 times of disability pension. For example if disability pension is Rs 2,000 then the monthly pension would be Rs 5,000. Similarly, in case of disability between 51 to 60 per cent, the monthly pension would be 3.5 times of disability pension which stands at Rs 7,000 and for disability more than 61 per cent, the monthly pension would be 4.5 times of disability pension which stands at Rs 9,000.
· Gandhi Peace Prize Conferred for Last 4 Years
- Gandhi Peace Prizefor the years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 has been conferred on the following:
- For 2015: Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari for their contribution in Rural Development, Education, Development of natural resources.
- For 2016: Jointly to Akshaya Patra Foundation for its contribution in providing mid-day meals to millions of children across India and Sulabh International for its contribution in improving the condition of sanitation in India and emancipation of manual scavengers.
- For 2017: Ekal Abhiyan Trust for their contribution in providing Education for Rural and Tribal Children in remote areas pan India, Rural Empowerment, Gender, and Social Equality.
- For 2018: Shri Yohei Sasakawa for his contribution in Leprosy Eradication in India and across the world.
- Yohei Sasakawa is the Goodwill Ambassador of the World Health Organization for Leprosy Elimination.
- The award was instituted by the Government of India in 1995 during the commemoration of the 125th Birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The title winners would receive a cash prize of Rs.1 crore.
- The Indian government had instituted the award in 1995 to honor individuals and institutions for their contribution towards social, economic and political transformation through non-violence and other Gandhian methods.
· India-Myanmar Joint Training Exercise Begins In Chandimandir
- Second edition of the India-Myanmar bilateral army exercise, IMBEX 2018-19, commenced at Chandimandir Military Station, that houses the headquarters of the Western Command, Chandigarh.
- The aim of this joint training programme, spread over six days, is to train the Myanmar delegation for participation in United Nations peacekeeping operations under the UN flag.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi Dedicates Kollam Bypass in Kerala to Nation
- Prime MinisterNarendra Modi addressing a gathering at Kollam in Kerala after dedicating the Kollam Bypass to the Nation.
- The last man in the queue is his Government’s concern. Prime Minister urged the Kerala Government to expedite implementation of various centrally-sponsored projects in the State.
- He launched and laid the foundation stone of several development projects, worth over 1,500 crore rupees, at Balangir in Odisha.
· RBI injected 10,000 crore rupees into the system through the purchase of government securities
- Reserve Bank of India announced that it will inject 10,000 crore rupees into the system to increase liquidity through open market operations (OMOs).
- The offers have been instructed to be submitted in electronic format on the RBI Core Banking Solution (E-Kuber) system.
- It also plans to inject liquidity under OMOs for 50,000 crore rupees in January 2019.
- 10th edition of the India Rubber Expo 2019 started in Mumbai
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the three-day 10th India Rubber Expo – 2019at the Bombay Exhibition Centre in Mumbai.
- He announced that a National Rubber Policy would soon be put to place to improve the productivity of the sector enabling India’s efforts to become a 5 trillion-dollar economy.
- The India Rubber Expo is Asia’s largest rubber expo.
· Vision 2040 document: Aviation
- The Union Minister for Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu released the Vision 2040 document in the Global Aviation Summit 2019. The Global Aviation Summit 2019 is organized in Mumbai with the theme ‘Flying for All’.
- The document estimates that India will need 200 airports and an investment of $40-50 billion to handle at least 1.1 billion passengers flying to, from and within the country.
- It is estimated that passenger traffic (to, from and within India) for FY 2040 would be 1.1 billion, which is six times the 187 million traffic recorded in FY 2018.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes