- Government seeks feedback on tourism policy by February 20
- In its bid to expedite the process of rolling out a new tourism policy, the state tourism department has sought stakeholders’ feedback and inputs by February 20.
- Six working groups have already been formed covering various areas where initiatives can be taken to improve the infrastructure, tourist experience, and attract investments and promote visibility of the state in the source markets.
- New events focusing on wedding, MICE, medical, eco and film tourism should be planned and incorporated on the annual calendar of events. Roadshows of these events should be conducted in various cities of the country to promote the segments.INTERNATIONAL
· World Sustainable Development Summit 2019 Held At New Delhi
- World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2019, the flagship event of ‘The Energy and Resources Institute’ (TERI),was inaugurated by Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The theme of WSDS 2019 was ‘Attaining the 2030 Agenda: delivering on our promise’.
- Frank Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji was honoured with the Sustainable Development Leadership Award 2019 for his outstanding contributions towards sustainable development in Fiji
· India hiked the custom duty of Pakistan goods to 200 percent
- After the Pulwama terror strike,the Union government has hiked the basic customs duty on all goods imported from the neighbouring country to 200% with immediate effect. This comes after India revoked the ‘Most Favoured Nation’ (MFN) status to Pakistan on February 15 following the Pulwama terror strike, that killed 40 CRPF personnel.
- The two main items imported from Pakistan arefruits and cement, on which the current customs duty is 30-50% and 7.5%, respectively.The hike on import duty of 200 percent effectively means almost banning the imports from Pakistan.
· CBDT proposes 30-40% digital tax for tech giants like Google, FB and Amazon
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has prepared a draft proposal under the newly introduced concept of ‘significant economic presence’, also known as digital permanent establishment (PE), which seeks to impose tax at 30 to 40 per cent ratebased on the revenues and user base of such companies in India.Large Indian companies pay 30 percent corporate tax, while subsidiaries of foreign companies in India have to shell out 40 percent.
· Union Government Raised Rs.10000 Crore From Bharat-22 ETF Offering
- The government has raised Rs 10,000 croreby the additional offering of Bharat-22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF).
- The additional ‘on-tap’ offering of Bharat-22 ETF was opened for a single day with a base issue size of Rs 3,500 crore and an option to retain over-subscription.
- The issue was over-subscribed 10 times and received bids for Rs 4,00,000 crore till 7 pm. Bids will pour in till 8 pm.
- The Bharat-22 ETFissue received an overwhelming response from all categories of investors including retail investors.
- Himachal passed bill to make Sanskrit 2nd official language
- The Himachal PradeshAssembly passed the Official Language (Amendment) Bill 2019 to make Sanskrit the second official language in the state.
- The bill was introduced in the Assembly by Irrigation and Public Health Minister Mahender Singh.
- Once given assent by the Governor, it will amend the Himachal Pradesh Official language Act, 1975.
- Now, Hindi is the official language of Himachal Pradesh.
- The Assembly also renamed Himachal Pradesh University of Health Sciences after former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
· About 16 crore Indians consume alcohol: Govt survey
- According to a survey conducted by the Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry, about 16 crore (14.6 per cent) Indians in the 10-75 age group consume alcohol.
- Chhattisgarh, Tripura, Punjab, Arunachal Pradesh and Goa have the highest prevalence of liquor use.
- After alcohol, cannabis and opioids are the next commonly-used substances in India.
· Sunil Chhetri given first ever Football Ratna Award
- Football Delhi conferred Sunil Chhetri with first ever “Football Ratna” Award.
- Delhi Dynamos player Shubham Sarangi was also honoured.
- Chhetri was recently named as the 6thIndian Footballer in the elite Padma Shri list
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes