- Surajkund fair is a major centre of cultural exchanges
- Surajkund fair is a major centre of cultural exchanges as it provide platform to know the culture of other countries.
ð This world famous fair, not only provides employment to lakhs of people but is also a main stage of preserving the Haryanavi cultural heritage, said the Chief Secretary who visited the ongoing 33rd Surajkund International Craft Mela in Faridabad.
ð The grandeur of Mela is increasing and it has become center of attraction for all sections. As compared to previous years, this time, representatives of more number of countries have participated in the fair.
ð The Surajkund International Crafts is organised, managed and run Mela at Surajkund Faridabad with a view
ð To promote handicrafts, handlooms with the aid of craftsmen invited from all over the country
ð To identify languishing and lesser-known crafts and to introduce them to patrons.
ð To display crafts and loom techniques by organising demonstration sections in the Mela grounds.
ð To undertake the promotion of export of handlooms and handicrafts.
· US to back out from INF Treaty
- The U.S is suspending its obligations under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treatyeffective February 2 and will withdraw from the treaty in six months. T
- Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is Nuclear disarmament agreement and Signed onDecember 1987.
- It is a 1987 arms control agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union with an Unlimited duration
· Qatar won their First-ever Asian Cup Title In Football by defeating Japan
- Qatar won its first major soccer title by beating four-time champion Japan 3-1 in the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup held in United Arab Emirates(UAE).
- Sudan born Almoez Ali, became the first player to score nine goals at a single Asian Cup.
· Defence Ministry approves procurement of 73,000 assault rifles from US
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharamanapproved the procurement of around 73000 Sig Sauer rifles from United States of America under fast track procurement mode in a major move towards infantry modernization.
- USA will have to deliver the Sig Sauer rifles which is used by US forces as well as several other European forces within one year of finalization of the deal.
- The Procured rifles will replace INSAS rifles and the new rifles will be used by the troops deployed along the 3600 km border with China.
- Special Postage Stamp on Kumbh Mela Released
- Union Minister of State for Railways and Communication Mr Manoj Sinha released a special postage stamp of the Indian Postal Department on Kumbh Mela.
- Its cost is five rupees.
- Prayagraj Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019 is the Ardh Kumbh Mela being held at Triveni Sangam in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh from 15 January to 4 March 2019.
- ISRO to launch its 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 on Feb 6
- The Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO, is all set to launch its 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 on February 6 from the spaceport in French Guiana.
- The satellite with a mission life of 15 years will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites and augment the Ku-band transponder capacity in Geostationary Orbit.
- GSAT-31 is scheduled for launch onboard the Ariane-5 (VA247) from Kourou in French Guiana. The satellite provides Indian mainland and island coverage.
- ISRO also said the GSAT-31 will be used for supporting VSAT networks, television uplinks, digital satellite news gathering, DTH television services, cellular back haul connectivity and many such applications.
· Assam tops in budgetary practices followed by states: Transparency International
- According to a survey by Transparency International, Assam tops in the ranking of best practices followed by states in budget formulation.
- Assam is the only state which has published a citizens budget in the public domain and Assam government is only government to conduct budget awareness campaign across 17 districts.
- Assam was followed by Andhra Pradesh and Odisha while Meghalaya, Manipur, and Punjab were figured at lower positions.
· Indus River Dolphin declared Punjabs State aquatic animal
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singhdeclared one of the rarest mammal, Indus River Dolphin, which is only found in Beas River, as Punjab State Aquatic Animal.
- Chief Minister approved to declare Kanjli Wetland and holy Kali Bein River as a wildlife conservation reserve to mark the historic celebration of 550th Parkash Purb of Sri Guru Nanak Dev.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes