- High court defers Haryana tribunal formation
- The Punjab and Haryana high court deferred the implementation of the Union government’s notification regarding setting up of state administrative tribunal (SAT), Haryana.
- With these orders, all the service related matters of Haryana, which were ordered to be referred to the newly constituted tribunal, shall continue to be heard by the high court.
- The Centre issued a notification dated July 24 under section 4(2) of the Administrative Tribunal Act, 1985 constituting Haryana administrative tribunal for the service matters pertaining to the state government employees.
- US withdraws from Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Russia
- The US has formally withdrawn from Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) with Russia.
- The INF was signed by then US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987.
- It banned missiles with ranges between 500 and 5,500 km.
- But earlier this year the US and NATO accused Russia of violating the pact by deploying a new type of cruise missile, which Moscow has denied.
- The 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treatyrequired the United States and the Soviet Union to eliminate and permanently forswear all of their nuclear and conventional ground-launched ballistic and cruise missiles with ranges of 500 to 5,500 kilometers. The treaty marked the first time the superpowers had agreed to reduce their nuclear arsenals, eliminate an entire category of nuclear weapons, and utilize extensive on-site inspections for verification.
- WCD Ministry observes World Breastfeeding Week
- The Women and Child Development Ministry is observing the World Breastfeeding Week with a focus on protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding.
- The week, which is being observed till 7th of the month, aims to create awareness among parents about breastfeeding, the importance of initiation, exclusive breastfeeding, and adequate and appropriate complementary feeding.
- The ministry is organizing a number of activities on the theme “Empower Parents, Enable Breastfeeding”.
· One Nation One Ration Card scheme launched in 4 States
- Government has launched theOne Nation-One Ration Card scheme in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat. The scheme aims to boost to national food security. Each beneficiary would be given 5kg rice at ₹3 a kg and wheat at ₹2 a kg.
- The Centre has formed the State Apex Committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary of the State and the State Project e-Mission Team.
· LS passed the 2019 Dam Safety Bill
ð The Lok Sabha passed the Dam Safety Bill, 2019. The Bill aims to provide an uniform safety procedures for the specified 5,600 dams in the country. It will also enhance the security of citizens. The introduction of the Bill will not take away the rights of the States.
ð The Bill was introduced in 2010. It was opposed in various edition in the State and has never been successfully passed until now.
ð The bill stressed the establishment of the National Dam Safety Authority as a regulatory body. The regulator will implement the policy, guidelines, and standards on dam safety in the country.
ð It also entails the setting up of State committee on dam safety and State Dam Safety Organisation. It will be manned by officers from the field dam safety.
The Bill will set up a national committee on dam safety. It will be set up to introduce safety policies and recommend necessary regulations.
ð As several dams does not have the emergency action plan, the government has provide safety measures to around 180 dams.
ð For example, Centre has alloted Rs.600 crore to repair the gates of Hirakud dam. Centre has also taken efforts to change the gates of Farakka barrage. 80% of the work had been completed so far.
ð Indian journalist Ravish Kumar was awarded the 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award
ð NDTV journalist Ravish Kumar was awarded the 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award. The award recognizes the greatness of spirit and transformative leadership in Asia. It is the highest honour given to Asian individuals and organisations. The award is often referred to as the Asian version of the Nobel Prize.
Ravish Kumar was honoured for his dedicated commitment to a professional, ethical journalism of the highest standard. It also recognised his moral courage in standing up for truth, integrity, and independence.
ð The Ramon Magsaysay Award was established in April 1957. It is awarded every year. The was instituted to continue the former Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay’s example of integrity, courage in servicing the people, community leadership. It was instituted by the New York based Rockefeller Brothers Fund along with the Philippine government.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes