- Google most trusted Internet brand in India: Report
- Online search engine Google is the most trusted Internet brand in India, followed by Facebook, a report said.
- With 1.2 trillion searches per year, Google has become the first port of call for all things on the Internet.
- According to the report, e-commerce major Amazon ranked third among the most trusted Internet brands in the country and e-Bay ranked fourth.
- India’s GDP to grow 7.3% in FY19: Fitch
- India’s economy will grow 7.3% in the current financial year and gain pace to 7.5% next year as the “temporary drag” from demonetisation and the goods and services tax fades away, Fitch Ratings forecast.
- The rating company reaffirmed India’s ‘BBB-’ rating with a stable outlook as it pointed to India’s growth potential and lauded the Reserve Bank of India’s monetary management.
- Fitch said GST is an important reform that would support growth in the medium term when teething issues dissipate.
- 15th World Rural Health Conference held in New Delhi
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 15th World Rural Health Conference held in New Delhi.
- He said that approximately half of the global population lives in rural areas, but those areas are served by only 38% of the total nursing workforce and by less than a quarter of the total physician workforce.
- Its Theme is “Healing the Heart of Healthcare: Leaving No One Behind”.
- Kerala CM launches Pravasi Pension Scheme
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan formally launched the Pravasi Pension Scheme of the Kerala Pravasi Welfare Board at a programme.
- The programme was organised by the All India Malayalee Association (AIMA), Telangana unit.
- The scheme gives those hailing from Kerala but living outside the state or country, a pension of Rs. 2,000 a month.
- People over the age of 60 years are eligible for the pension.
- Van Dhan Scheme launched by PM
- The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi launched the Van Dhan Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED at Bijapur, Chattisgarh.
- Emphasizing the important role of value addition in increasing tribal incomes, he stated that Van Dhan, Jan Dhan and Gobar-Dhan Schemes had the potential to change the tribal-rural economic system.
- All these three schemes in tandem need to be promoted for this purpose by the State Governments.
- The establishment of “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” is for providing skill upgradation and capacity building training.
· CSIR won National Intellectual Property Award 2018
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)is awarded the National Intellectual Property (IP) Award 2018 in the category “Top R&D Institution / Organization for Patents and Commercialization”.
- Dr Girish Sahni, DG, CSIR and Secretary, DSIR received the award at the hands of Mr. Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce and Industry, at a function organized by the Indian Intellectual Property Office and Confederation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (CII) in New Delhi, to celebrate the World Intellectual Property Day (26th April).
· DAC Approves Capital Acquisition Proposals Of Over Rs3,687 Crore
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved the capital acquisition proposals of over 3,687 crore rupees.
- The decision was taken in the meeting council, chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.
- In a boost to indigenization and in the realization of India’s growing technological prowess, the DAC approved procurement of DRDO’s designed and developed NAG Missile System at the cost of 524 crore rupees.
- The system includes a third generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile- NAG, along with the Missile Carrier Vehicle.
- The DAC approved procurement of thirteen 127 mm caliber guns for the Navy.
· NHAI Inks Pact with Macquarie
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) entered into a pact with Macquarie for road projects under the highway monetization drive.
- The Agreement has been signed with Macquarie for the first bundle\of highway projects (USD 1.5 billion one of the highest FDI in highways).
· Shirui Lily Festival Concludes In Manipur
- Manipur’s Shirui Lily Festival 2018 was concluded at Ukhrul district.
- The festival was spread over multiple venues.
- The festival was sponsored by the department of tourism, Manipur to spread awareness about conservation of the endangered Shirui Lily and promote the district of Ukhrul as a tourist destination in Manipur.
- The festival was also supported by NEC and aims to promote afforestation and sustainable tourism efforts in the state.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes