- Industrial policy gives incentives to companies for recruiting locals
- Rajasthan’s new industrial policy will offer “incentives” to companies providing jobs to natives, official sources said, in a move aimed at addressing state’s growing unemployment problem ahead of the assembly elections slated later this year.
- The new policy is likely to come into effect from May 1.
- The present policy has the provision of providing employment generation subsidies of up to 20% on value-added tax (VAT) and central sales tax (Cst)—the two indirect taxes that have been replaced by the GST.
- Moreover, the state government now wants an increase in the number of local people in employment generation.
- The incentives could be in the form of additional subsidies in taxes or in the form of concessions in utility services such as electricity and water bills.
- Industrialists, however, say the process of availing incentives under employment generation is cumbersome and so there should be simple criteria of direct subsidy based on number of locals employed.
- For employment generation, the Bjp-government in the state also provides loans with interest subsidy to new entrepreneurs under Bhamashah Rozgar Srijan Yojana (BRSY).
- People aspiring to start their own enterprise in the manufacturing sector can get a loan of up to Rs 25 lakh while the limit is Rs 10 lakhs for a venture in the services sector.
- The subsidy for a venture set up by people from SC, ST, OBC communities and women in rural areas is 35% of the loan and 25% in urban areas. For the general category, the subsidy is 25% and 15% for rural and urban areas respectively.
- With a 75 million population, Rajasthan ranks 11 in unemployment rate as per the fifth annual employment survey conducted by ministry of labour and employment.
- The state’s industrial and tourism sectors contribute nearly 4.5% to India’s GDP.
· Swaziland King Changes Country’s Name To ‘Kingdom Of ESwatini’
- Swaziland’s KingMswati III, Africa’s last absolute monarch, officially changed the name of his country to the ‘Kingdom of eSwatini’.
- Accordingly, the country, a member of the Commonwealth, will now be known by its historic name of eSwatini.
- The announcement was made during the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the King’s 50th birthday as well as the 50th anniversary of Swazi’s independence from British colonial rule.
- World’s oldest person Nabi Tajima passes away at 117
- The world’s oldest person, a 117-year-old Japanese woman, has died. Nabi Tajima died of old age in a hospital in southern Japan.
ð Tajima, born on 4 August, 1900, was the last known person born in the 19th century.
- She became the world’s oldest person seven months ago after the death of Violet Brown in Jamaica, also at the age of 117
- Civil Service Day: 21 April
- The Civil Service Day is celebrated on 21 April every year.
- The purpose for this day is to rededicate and recommit themselves to the cause of the people.
- It is observed by all Civil Services. This day gives civil servants the opportunity for introspection and thinking about future strategies.
· India Forms Committee to Reform Higher Defence Planning
- The Union Government formed a new integrated institutional mechanism, Defence Planning Committee (DPC)to reform the process of higher defense planning.
- The permanent body would be chaired by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
- The committee is aimed at driving the country’s military and national security strategy, draft capability development plans, and guide and accelerate defense equipment acquisitions.
- The Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman of the Chief of the Staff Committee (CISC)will be the member secretary of the committee.
· SJVN Signs MoU With Ministry Of Power
- SJVN Limited signed a MoU with Ministry of Power for the year 2018-19.
- As per the targets set in the MOU, SJVN shall strive to achieve 9200 Million Units generation during the year under ‘Excellent’ category.
- Further, SJVN will have Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) target of Rs. 900 crore and Turnover target of Rs. 2175 crore under the Excellent category.
- TCS first Indian company with $100 billion market cap
- Tata Consultancy Services has touched $100 billion mark in market capitalisation as its share price surged nearly 7%.
- The IT major is the first listed Indian company to achieve this milestone.
- TCS is the leading the chart as the most valued firm followed by Reliance Industries Ltd, HDFC Bank, ITC and HUL in the top-five list.
· Union Minister Vijay Goel Launches Central Project Monitoring Unit for E-Vidhan Project
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Vijay Goelinaugurated the new office of Central Project Monitoring Unit for the e-Vidhan project of the Government at the Parliament House Annexe.
- This was done as a part of Swachhata Pakhwada being observed by the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- e-Vidhan is a part of the broader Digital India Programme of the Government and is likely to contribute to the cleanliness and environment by reducing the use of papers to a great extent.
· E-SANAD Portal and National Academic Depository Integrated
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD)launched integration of e-SANAD portal and NAD – National Academic Depository in a bid to make education system in India more transparent.
- e-Sanad is a project aimed at online submission and verification of documents with the ultimate object to extend contactless, cashless, faceless and paperless document attestation service.
- NAD is a 24X7 online storehouse of all academic awards viz. diplomas certificates, degrees, mark-sheets etc.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes