- First Parshurama panorama coming up in Chittorgarh
- Country’s first panorama on Lord Parshuram, the sixth avataar of Lord Vishnu as per Hindu mythology, would be set up at Matrakundiya in Chittorgarh district.
- Parshuram Jayanti would be a state holiday every year from this year and the panorama would be great place to visit as it would have a 342- year- old pictorial manuscript related to Hindu mythology and religious texts.
- Matrakundiya is the penance place where Parshuram came to expiate his sin of killing his mother when he was asked to do so by his father.
- The state government has undertaken an important project worth 550 crore rupees of restoration of places of worships and panorama galleries of historical and mythological personalities.
· Bisket Jatra Being Celebrated In Nepal
- The Jatra begins in Nepal.
- It is believed that the festival started during Malla dynasty. In Nepal, the famous Bisket Jatra is being celebrated in Bhaktapur and other parts of Kathmandu valley.
- The nine-day annual festival marks beginning of Nepali new year.
- The Jatra begins four days before the start of new year.
· FAO Designates 14 New Sites As GIAHS
- Fourteen new sites have been designated as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS),including the first ones in Europe.
- As with other designated sites, these systems highlight agricultural traditions that promote sustainability, safeguard biodiversity and protect the environment while supporting the social and economic development necessary for stable, decent livelihoods.
- The 14 new sites range from oases to rice terraces, wasabi cultivation to raisin production.
Gk bit – GIAHS
The objectives of GIAHS are
- To understand and appreciate the nature friendly agricultural practices of local and tribal populations around the world.
- To document indigenous knowledge.
- To conserve and promote these knowledge at global scale to promote food security, sustainable development.
- Twosites recognized in India and 6 more recognized as potential sites
The two sites are-
Kashmir Valley, Pampore region
Potential Sites are –
Ladakh – Jammu & Kashmir
Raika-The Raikas are a pastoral caste Camel herding is their heritage
Catamaran Fishing – Tamilnadu
Soppina betas syaytem-Western ghats
- Vice President Launches Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that there is a need to create health coverage schemes that provide widest coverage to the young, aged and infirm and those suffering from both critical acute and chronic ailments.
- He was addressing the gathering after launching the Atal Amrit Abhiyan by Assam Government, which seeks to provide access to quality medical care to 3.2 crore people, in Guwahati, Assam.
- The Governor of Assam, Prof. Jagadish Mukhi and the Chief Minister of Assam, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal were present on the occasion.
Gk bit – Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- The state government of Assam is implementing a health insurance scheme named as Atal Amrit Abhiyan in the state. Under the scheme, the government is providing an insurance coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh per year to each family of the state. The scheme was originally launched on 25 December 2016.
- Launched to mark the 92nd birthday of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the scheme will offer coverage against 437 illnesses in six disease groups, namely, cardiovascular, cancer, kidney, neo-natal, neurological conditions and burns.
- Both Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families, with annual income below Rs 5 lakh, are eligible for the scheme.
- Bihar has highest rate of crime against SC/STs
- According to latest data released by National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Bihar has the highest rate of crimes against Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe population.
- As per NCRB data, crime against SC/ST is lowest in West Bengal.
- Madhya Pradesh reported the highest rate of crime (43.4%) against SCs specifically, while West Bengal had the lowest at 6%.
- Rajasthan reported the highest rate of crime (12.9%) against STs specifically, while West Bengal had the lowest at 1.6%.
- Govt plan a Rs 637-crore Clean Air Programme
- The Modi government has finalised a Rs 637-crore National Clean Air Programme to improve the air quality in India.
- The 20-point programme shifts the onus of fighting air pollution to the state governments.
- The programme, India’s first attempt at working out a coordinated system to curb air pollution, requires all the states to frame their own Clean Air Programmes.
· Commerce Ministry Launches Digital Platform For MSME Exporters
- Commerce and Industry Minister launched the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) GlobalLinker platformfor MSME exporters in New Delhi.
- This move is aimed at assisting the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) engaged in exports.
- This initiative will help in expanding India’s multi-focused export strategy and also aid in connecting art and artisans to the market.
- FIEO GlobalLinker is setup with a view to making the business growth of SMEs simpler, more profitable and enjoyable.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes