Solar pumps boost micro-irrigation in Haryana
Haryana has become the second state in the country after Gujarat to promote solar energy with the operation of solar water pumps in the promotion of micro-irrigation under the Pradhan MantriKisanUrja Suraksha UtthanMahabhiyan (PMKUSUM).
There is about 80 lakh acres of cultivable land in the state, out of which 75 per cent area is irrigated. The rest of the land has to depend on rain for irrigation. By installing solar pumps, diesel will be saved for farmers and income will also increase, said the spokesman. The Central and state governments give 75 per cent subsidy on solar pumps and farmers have to spend only 25 per cent of the amount. There was little work done in the field of solar energy in the state and only 492 solar pumps were installed until 2014. The present government prepared a roadmap to promote solar energy in Haryana.
World Bank ‘REWARD’ Project
The World Bank, the Government of India, the State Governments of Karnataka, and Odisha, have signed a USD 115 million deal for the Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agricultural Resilience through Innovative Development Programme to help national and state governments adopt improved watershed management practices to help farmers become more resilient to climate change, improve incomes, and promote higher productivity.
Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agricultural Resilience through Innovative Development (REWARD) is a project which is being implemented in three-four Indian states. It is planned as a six-year project and is one of the largest water management programs around the world.
This project Is a joint initiative of the Department of Land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development in association with the World Bank.
World Bank’s lending arm, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) will provide financial support of USD 115 million to this project. The loan has a 15 years maturity period with 4.5 years grace period.
Karnataka will receive USD 60 million, Odisha will receive USD 49 million while the remaining USD 6 million will be utilized by the Indian government’s Department of Land Resources.
To improve water and land conservations as well as preventing soil run-off, harvesting rainwater, regenerating natural vegetation, and replenishing the groundwater table.
The project also aims to improve the capacities of the state and the central institutions so that they can develop and deliver better watershed management and development programs.
Green Hydrogen Policy
India’s new green hydrogen policy was unveiled, promising cheaper renewable energy, a 25-year fee waiver for inter-state power transmission for projects completed before June 2025, land in renewable energy parks, and mega manufacturing zones to help local industries move away from fossil fuels.
The policy aims to boost green hydrogen and ammonia, also making it easier for green power producers to ‘bank’ their surplus renewable energy with an electrical distribution business for up to 30 days. It also proposes the construction of bunkers near ports for the storage of green ammonia for export.
The race for green energy takes is very important as the ongoing Russia-Ukraine crisis has pushed up energy prices around the world, particularly in India, which imports 85 percent of its oil and 53 percent of its natural gas. A transformation to large-scale hydrogen fuel use could assist India’s geopolitical influence as well as its energy security. India’s strategy is to use its vast landmass and low solar and wind tariffs to manufacture low-cost green hydrogen and ammonia for export.
E.V. Charging stations Announced By Indian Oil
diversified energy significant Indian Oil announced that It’d installed 1,000 electric vehicle charging stations (EVCS) in India.
- Indian Oil has achieved the primary of the many milestones in enabling the E.V. revolution in India, with the successful deployment of quite 1,000 EV charging points.
- Indian Oil is ready to supply E.V. charging facilities at 10,000 fuel stations in the upcoming three years.
- This will provide confidence to customers for an uninterrupted drive and to automobile manufacturers in enhancing the production of electric vehicles.
- National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage was launched to promote clean, shared, connected, sustainable, and holistic mobility initiatives. It is valid for five years, until 2024.
- The Mission coordinates with critical stakeholders in Ministries or Departments and states for integrating several initiatives in transforming mobility in India.
Under “Operation NanheFarishte,” the Railway Protection Force (RPF) has rescued quite 1,000 kids from Railway stations across India within January 2022.
- The RPF is entrusted with providing safety to passengers. It saved 1,045 children found alone or abandoned at the railway stations. Out of all, 701 were boys, and 344 were girls.
- According to the RPF, many children are kidnapped from railway stations per annum. They’re later exploited and trafficked.
- Child Help Desks are currently functional across 132 railway stations within the country.
Meri Policy Mere Hath Campaign
The government has announced a replacement doorstep crop insurance distribution policy called ”Meri Policy Mere Hath”.
- The Pradhan MantriFasalBimaYojana (PMFBY) is entering the seventh year of implementation within the upcoming Kharif season.
- The ”Meri Policy Mere Hath’Hath’ doorstep campaign has been launched to ensure that each farmer is well informed about their land records, policies, and therefore the PMFBY’sPMFBY’s claim and grievance redressal process.
- In the upcoming Kharif season, which can be beginning in June, the doorstep campaign will be launched altogether, implementing states.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes