- Araiyavali becomes first dispute-free hamlet in Rajasthan.
- ð Araiyavali village in Hanumangarh district has got the distinction of being declared the first ”dispute free” panchayat in the state relating to water and revenue disputes. These disputes comprised a major chunk of all litigations taking years to be solved and sometimes even leading to violent crimes like murders.
- ð The drastic change in social harmony was brought after the setting up of a ‘mediation centre’ in the area by an NGO.
- Rajasthan govt seeks Rs 1,550 crore relief for flood-hit people.
- ð The state disaster management and relief department has forwarded a proposal for Rs 1,550 crore as relief for the flood affected areas of the state.
- ð Disaster management & relief department principal secretary Hemant Gera said directions have been given for girdawari to assess the crop loss. He said there are many hamlets in desert areas of Barmer and Jalore, which are in water but administration does not have any information about them.
· China opens its first overseas Military base in Djibouti
ð China formally launched its first overseas naval facility in Djibouti, an East African nation.
ð Five Chinese formations and Djibouti’s Three Services HonorGuard took part in the launch ceremony on 1 of August 2017.
ð The event marked the 90th anniversary of the Chinese military Services.
ð Djibouti is a tiny East African nation of around 887,000 people, is between Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somalia.
ð Dijbouti is known as horn of Africa.
· Peter O’Neill re-elected as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea.
- Peter O’Neill has been reappointed as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea.
- The election has been widely criticized because thousands of voters were excluded and there were blazing abuses of the electoral process.
- He is the leader of the People’s National Congress and represents the constituency of Ialibu-Pangia.
· World breastfeeding week is observed from August 1st to August 7th.
- World breastfeeding weekis being celebrated from 1st to 7th August every year.
- The theme for the year 2017 is “Sustaining Breastfeeding Together”.
- It was first celebrated in 1992 by World Alliance for Breastfeeding World Breastfeeding WeekAction (WABA)and is now observed in over 120 countries by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Health Organization (WHO)and their partners including individuals, organizations, and governments.
- e-RaKAM portal has been launched by Government.
- The government launched a portal, e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi(e-RaKAM), to provide a platform to sell agricultural produce. The portal is a joint initiative by state-run-auctioneer MSTC and Central Warehousing Corporation arm CRWC.
- E-RaKAM is a first-of-its-kind initiative that leverages technology to connect farmers of the smallest villages to the biggest markets of the world through internet and e-RaKAM centres.
- Under this initiative, e-RaKAM centres are being developed in a phased manner throughout the country to facilitate farmers for online sale of their produce.
- Farmers would be paid through e-Payment directly into their bank accounts.
- Reliance Jio launches world’s longest 100Gbps submarine-cable-system.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm has launched the Asia-Africa-Europe (AAE-1) submarine cable system. It is claimed to be world’s longest 100Gbps technology-based.
- Third Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy declared.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Third Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for current fiscal.2017-18 on August 2, 2017. This time, RBI has cut the policy repo rate by 25 basis points (bps) to 6 percent.
Repo Rate – 6.00%
Reverse Repo Rate – 5.75%
Marginal Standing Facility Rate – 6.25%
Bank Rate – 6.25%
Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) – 4.00%
Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) – 20.00%
· Union Parliament passes Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Amendment Bill.
- The Union Parliament passed the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education(Amendment) Bill, 2017 with Rajya Sabha approving it Lok Sabha
- The Bill amends the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009 by extending the deadline for teachers to acquire the prescribed minimum qualifications for appointment.
· SBI and Samsung collaborate to advance Digital India initiative.
- The State Bank of India (SBI)and Samsung India announced the availability of Samsung Pay for higher variants of SBI debit card to advance Digital India.
- It is currently available on Samsung smartphones. It enables consumers to make offline payments without the need for a physical Card.
- It works on 2.5 million Point of Sale (POS) Card machines across the country through its Magnetic SecureTransmission (MST) technology.
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes