Cooperative federalism, also known as marble-cake federalism, is a concept of federalism in which national, state, and local governments interact cooperatively and collectively to solve common problems. But having cooperative federalism is a difficulty in India. There are various challenges to cooperative federalism:
- Centralising provisions, which weigh heavily on spirit of cooperation. Eg art 3, 249, 352,356,312
- Rising culture of multi party system and coalition politics
- Increasing number of states and demands for more.
- Majority government at the centre are not better disposed towards centre.
- Increasing economic competition.
- Addressing issues of NE and J&K
- Inter state disputes on resources like water resources etc.
- Reaching consensus and taking on board the state parties become difficult for foreign policy formulations.
- Rapid growth in the revenues of centre as compared to states .
Above hurdles have to be overcame to achieve the features of cooperative federalism.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes