Pursuant to the acceptance of recommendations of the Committee on National Integration and Regionalisation, the Constitution (Sixteenth Amendment) Act, 1963 was enacted to impose, by law, reasonable restrictions in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of India. In order to implement the provisions of 1963 Act, the Unlawful Activities act was passed.
Issues with the act are as follows:
- The definition of the act which allows government to ban Unlawful and Terrorist organizations is very broad and vague as it defines unlawful organizations as organizations which disclaims and questions the territorial integrity of nation andspreads disaffection.
- Section 20 of the acts provide for punishment upto life imprisonment for having the membership of such organizations, but the word membership has not been defined.
- Section 43D(5) of the act prohibits granting of bail by court if the police report indicates accusations against the arrested person to be true prime facie.
- Section 46 of the act makes intercepted communications admissible in court though confessions are not admissible in courts in regular cases.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes