Functions of Management:-
Coordination and control
Attainment goals effectively & efficiently
Measuring performance with standards & taking corrective actions
Setting of objects & selecting ways
Delagting authority & assign tasks
Leading & motivating employees to attain objectives
FUNCTIONS OF MANAGEMENT
Planning is a process of determination of organization’s objectives and selecting the courses of actions. i.e. Plans for attaining them.
Planning is the primary or basic management function.
|Establishing Planning Premises|
|Selecting the most appropriate alternative|
|Formulating derivative plans|
|Budgeting i.e. Committing Resources|
|Follow – up actions|
Types/Dimensions of Planning
- Corporate Planning : Business product line
- Long term Planning : > 5years
- Short term Planning : 1 year
- Medium term Planning : 2-5 years
- Strategic planning : Long term, corporate planning for dealing with the organization Competitive environment.
- Operational or Tactical Planning : Plans that specified detail operations needed to achieve The overall organizational goals. (Short range planning)
- Functional Planning : Production, Marketing, Personnel, Finance.
Components/Elements of Planning
Objectives : The basic tools that underline all planning and strategic activities.
Strategy: The Long term action plan to attain objectives.
Policies: These are general statements or understanding that guide or channel thinking in decision making.
Procedure: A Chronological Sequence of steps or actions to be taken to accomplish a Specific task or job.
Method: It is a prescribed way of completing a step in a procedure.
Rules: Specific recored statements that direct what must or must not be done in a Given situation.
Standards: It is a measure against whuch the level of performance is measured or Evaluated.
Programmes: An action plan consisting sequence and timing of steps necessary to achieve Objectives.
Schedules: A plan which indicates the time of commencement of task, passing through Different stages or process and finalising the task.
Budgets: Numerical Plan containing expected result in quantative way.
Project: It is smaller action plan and a distinct part of a programme.
Tactics: Short term action plan for implementing strategy.Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes