Pre congress association were formed in 19th century. The political associations in the early half of the nineteenth century were dominated by wealthy and aristocratic elements and the The political associations of the second half of the nineteenth century came to be increasingly dominated by the educated middle class—the lawyers, journalists, doctors, teachers, etc. and they had a wider perspective and a larger agenda. Some examples of pre congress association are:
- Landholders society
- The Bengal British Indian society
- East India association
- Madras Mahajan Sabha
- Poona Sarvajanik sabha
- Indian league
- Indian National Association( Most imp)
The features of the association were:
- Localised in nature
- Limited self interest
- Membership limited to few number of class.
- Issues of peasants, women, Harijans were not in the agenda
- Creating awareness among masses was not their prime agenda( except Indian National Association)
- Lack of all India Character.
- Believer of goodwill of Britishers.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes