There were certain basic constraints before the congress ministries could undertake a complete overhaul of the agrarian structure by completely abolishing zamindari. These constraints were:
- The ministries did not have adequate powers.
- There were inadequate financial resources as a lion’s share was appropriated by the Government of India.
- Strategy of class adjustments was another hurdle since zamindars, etc. had to be conciliated and neutralised.
- There was constraint of time since the logic of congress politics was confrontation and not cooperation with colonialism.
- War clouds had started hovering around 1938.
- The reactionary second chamber dominated by landlords, moneylenders and capitalist in United provinces, Bihar, Bombay, Madras and Assam had to be conciliated as its support was necessary for legislations.
- The agrarian structure was too complex and complicated.
In spite of these constraints, the congress ministries manage to legislate a number of laws relating to land reforms, debt relief, forest grazing fee, arrears of rent, land tenures etc.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes