Horticulture is the branch of agriculture concerned with intensively cultured plants directly used by man for food , for medicinal purpose or for aesthetic gratification.Horticulture is the science and art involved in the cultivation, propagation, processing and marketing of ornamental plants, flowers, turf, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
The following are the benefits attached with the horticulture:
- The demand for horticulture products is on rise. This will ensure assured income for the farmers.
- Export value is high for the horticulture products as compared to others.
- Return on investment is high and profit margin is also high.
- The chances for value addition in the form of agro-processing industry is huge. Horticulture in itself has huge potential and can affect the downstream industries.
- Horticulture is mainly dominated by woman labour and hence empowering of horticulture will empower women.
GOI has taken several measures to provide platform for the growth of Horticulture. Mission for integrated development of Horticulture, National Horticulture mission, Project chaman and operation greens are some of these initiatives. Successful implementation will help in the growth of farmer’s income.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes