Tax expenditure is the revenue foregone as a result of exemptions and concessions. Tax expenditure was introduced for the first time in 2006-07 union budget. Tax expenditure is justified on following grounds:
- Act as an incentive for priority sector like infrastructure.
- It promotes balance regional growth
- It neutralise the disadvantage on account of location
- It provides opportunity to new industries to grow and flourish.
But tax expenditure has its own demerits. As it leads to:
- Multiplicity of tax rates.
- Complex taxation system
- Litigation increases and it leads to increase in disputes.
- Absence of sunset clause lead to its perpetuation
- Can distort resource allocation and stunt productivity
- Decrease in the quantum of revenue.
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes