There are disproportionate burden that falls on women and girls due to deficiencies in sanitation facilities.A rapid study conducted in 2016 by WASH Institute and Sambodhiprovides some insight on the burden faced by women:
- 76 percent of women had to travel a considerable distance to use these facilities.
- 33 percent of the women have reported facing privacy concerns and assault while going out in the open.
- In the face of these considerable risks, the number of women who have reduced consumption of food and water are 33 percent and 28 percent respectively of the sample.
- Apart from illnesses, disruptions and deficiencies in the short -term, reduced food and water intake also causes severe long-term debilitating impacts on health, and impedes in cognitive development of girls and infants.
Polluted water leading to women and children dying from childbirth-related infections,Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes