The 1991 is a hallmark year as it launched Indian into a new era of economic freedom. It majorly changed our economy from controlled to a free economy. One of the ingredient was tax reforms. The major changes one can observed in the tax system are as follows:
- Widening of tax bases both by addition of tax payers and by addition of new taxes
- Reduction in custom and excise duties
- Lowering down of corporate taxes to give them vaccum to grow.
- Rationalisation of personal income tax rates and slabs
- Introduction of VAT in 2005. Thereby reduction of cascading effect of taxes.
- Simplification of filing of return. Eg. ITR SAHAJ for salary tax payers
- Introduction of GST
- Tax revenue as percentage of GDP has increased.
- Incorporation of IT infrastructure in Tax administration
- Major emphasis on TDS by Income tax department
Final Destination for Haryana PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of HPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence for HPSC Exams HPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPSC Prelims and HPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPSC Notes are as follows:-
- HPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes